What is the "Silent Disco?"

screwsmcernst

We did this on silhouette in August. Firstly we looked over from deck 5 and it looked hilarious seeing all these different dancers making different moves to different channels. We went and joined in and although we had people with different channels they started dancing the same. So funny to watch. We had 2 issues, firstly the singers and dancers joined in with lots of crew and completely took over the floor space so guests could only dance near seats on the carpet. Great they joined in but needed to be a bit more in a sharing mode and secondly you couldn't get to the bar for a drink or to sit down to watch others as dancers surrounded the bar and wouldn't let anyone in to get a drink or a seat. Lesson is arrive early and grab that seat at the bar

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMG!!! I hope this is available on the Summit. We sail on Sunday!! There are 3 sea days so there will be much time to drink and dance at the Martini Bar!!

Be aware, that Celebrity doesn't offer this every night. Our experience is that they offer Silent Disco only once or twice an itinerary. It usually starts around 10pm and yes, it can get crowded (which adds to the party atmosphere) which means that sometimes the participants spill over to the opposite side of the open Atrium. In one instance they ran out of headsets for people who came late. Each time it seems to get more and more popular. I saw one elderly guest with her headset on, tuned to oldies, and boogieing while sitting on her scooter!

Edited by El Crucero

We had 2 issues, firstly the singers and dancers joined in with lots of crew and completely took over the floor space so guests could only dance near seats on the carpet. Great they joined in but needed to be a bit more in a sharing mode and secondly you couldn't get to the bar for a drink or to sit down to watch others as dancers surrounded the bar and wouldn't let anyone in to get a drink or a seat. Lesson is arrive early and grab that seat at the bar

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Be aware, that Celebrity doesn't offer this every night. Our experience is that they offer Silent Disco only once or twice an itinerary. It usually starts around 10pm and yes, it can get crowded (which adds to the party atmosphere) which means that sometimes the participants spill over to the opposite side of the open Atrium. In one instance they ran out of headsets for people who came late. Each time it seems to get more and more popular. I saw one elderly guest with her headset on, tuned to oldies, and boogieing while sitting on her scooter!

Maybe they'll take note and move this event to the Sky Lounge.