Balcony cabins Freedom 10/28/17

cruisingnana

Websites are showing all balcony cabins sold out?! Is that possible a whole year in advance?

Absolutely possible. It is the 14 day Journey cruise and cabins sold briskly as soon as it opened. I was in the middle of making a booking with my TA that morning and the category we wanted sold out before our eyes. Some balcony cabins may come back into inventory when all unsold group space is recalled or when it comes time to make final payments by July 30. It is not a cheap cruise. With gratuities included it was $5266.00 for my DH and I in an 8D balcony on Lido deck. Some people may rethink paying that much.

Edited by DebJ14

I think DebJ14 is right. We are sailing the Pride on almost the exact same itinerary in February. It was sold out about 9 months prior to sail date. There were a few staterooms that opened up at final payment.

cruisingnana you might want to contact a TA. They likely have rooms available at the price announced on the first day.

DebJ14, yours is a pricey cruise. We went with a deluxe OV on our Feb sailing on the Pride. We paid $2800 taxes, fees and grats...... I love balcony rooms but not at almost double the price that you are paying.

So weird. We are on the Magic in June, and booked our Lido balcony (8E) in August. They have been sold out for a month now. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]. No price drops for us. Bummer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think DebJ14 is right. We are sailing the Pride on almost the exact same itinerary in February. It was sold out about 9 months prior to sail date. There were a few staterooms that opened up at final payment.

cruisingnana you might want to contact a TA. They likely have rooms available at the price announced on the first day.

DebJ14, yours is a pricey cruise. We went with a deluxe OV on our Feb sailing on the Pride. We paid $2800 taxes, fees and grats...... I love balcony rooms but not at almost double the price that you are paying.

Great news! There are lots of balcony cabins tonight. I just checked and the cheapest balcony(ES rate) is $5526.78 for 2 people including the taxes and gratuities. I feel like I got a bargain!

Yes, it is a pricey cruise. A couple can't get on the ship for $2800.00.

For $3706.78 total for 2 you can get a 1A (including gratuities). Here is the breakdown:

Cheapest cabin is the 1A at $1389.00 per person + 181.30 gratuities per person + 283.09 government fees and taxes per person.

That is the current ES rate. Past guest rate is $20 more per person.

They also jacked up the price of the suites $100 per person since yesterday.

Edited by DebJ14