What was the itinerary for my Baltic cruise in 2001?

BOS_CruiseGuy

In July 2001, when I was a teenager, I took a cruise on the NCL Dream to the Baltic Sea. I can't remember all of the ports we visited and I am hoping some here can fill in the gaps. I know it was a 7 day cruise from Southampton and that we stopped in St. Petersburg, Estonia and Germany.

Do you know the rest of the ports visited? Thanks in advance for your help.

7 days from Southampton to St Petersburg sounds very short to me. Are you sure it was that short.

It doesn't sound as if you did the same as us, but this was the itinerary we did on the Dream in 2013. It was 12 days:

Depart Dover

Kiel Canal transit (with option to visit Hamburg)

Sea day

Tallinn

St Petersburg

St Petersburg

Helsinki

Stockholm

Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Oslo

Sea day

Edited by KeithJenner

Thanks for the reply. I am quite sure it was 7 days, as a few years ago I had them research the trip for Latitudes credit and it came back as a 7 day trip.

I am thinking it was 3 out of these 4: Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen. I don't think we went to Oslo, but I am not sure.

Thanks for the reply. I am quite sure it was 7 days, as a few years ago I had them research the trip for Latitudes credit and it came back as a 7 day trip.

I am thinking it was 3 out of these 4: Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen. I don't think we went to Oslo, but I am not sure.

When I applied to have the latitudes points added to my account, it came through as 7 days as well. I got it corrected when we added my wife's as well.

I can't believe that Southampton to St Petersburg could possibly have been just 7 days. It is at least a couple of days sailing each way, so it could only be done if you hardly stopped anywhere. St Petersburg itself is usually a 2 day stop.

These days it is 9 days leaving from Copenhagen, which is a full day's sailing from the UK.

Here's someone's cruise review for the Dream from July 2001 (it doesn't say how many days the sailing was). And there's another review about a 12-day sailing in May/June 2001 (search for Bruce Baldwin "Baltic Capitals", the site is prohibited here). Both say they embarked in Dover. Edited by hawkeyetlse

Thank you for the replies. I think I have it figured out. I now think it was a not a 7 day cruise, as you're right that does seem short for such a long journey. I was thrown off by the Latitudes credit.

Per my account, we left on July 23rd, which is the same as the first link. I think we did the Kiel Canal, Warnemunde Germany, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, and Copenhagen. And not Oslo.

I'm glad I have this figured out. I enojoyed the cruise very much, both the ship and the ports. It's nice to know for sure where exactly I went!

Thanks again for your help. Now to get those 5 days credit for my Latitudes . . . :)