Magic's Balconys

wants2cruise2

All balcony dividers can be opened. Not all can be secured open. If the divider covers the room door it will not be allowed. Perhaps if you would like to list the rooms someone with access to goccl will check if they can be opened.

We have done this for our family cruises too. Some ships you can ask your room steward. On other ships you have to go to guest services with someone from each room and make the request.

With 90 days to cruise time I doubt there would be much you could do about it anyway. Likely difficult to get three in a row with the occupancy you need. Have a wonderful cruise and make family memories.

All balcony dividers can be opened. Not all can be secured open. If the divider covers the room door it will not be allowed. Perhaps if you would like to list the rooms someone with access to goccl will check if they can be opened.

We have done this for our family cruises too. Some ships you can ask your room steward. On other ships you have to go to guest services with someone from each room and make the request.

With 90 days to cruise time I doubt there would be much you could do about it anyway. Likely difficult to get three in a row with the occupancy you need. Have a wonderful cruise and make family memories.

i already have the rooms booked, when on the Splendor a few years ago the balcony dividers folded, so one room couldn't join the other two without blocking a door, so wasn't permitted.

I've never been on the Magic, was hoping the doors slid in a way to let 3 rooms connect.

If anyone knows that would be great.

i already have the rooms booked, when on the Splendor a few years ago the balcony dividers folded, so one room couldn't join the other two without blocking a door, so wasn't permitted.

I've never been on the Magic, was hoping the doors slid in a way to let 3 rooms connect.

If anyone knows that would be great.

The balcony dividers on the Magic fold against (and are secured to) the outer wall of the cabin, and the stateroom doors swing out on to the balcony. Checking the stateroom configurations on the Magic, I don't see any standard balcony rooms where three balconies could be connected by opening and securing the dividers.

There are some Ocean Suites and Grand Suites that are configured where three balconies could be connected, but no standard balcony staterooms.

Pretty much everything said here is correct. All standard balconies can be opened. The reason they can open us to allow the crew to open them to clean one long row. The cabins that have an internal connecting door can not open the balcony divider because it will block one of the doors going to the balcony. The reason is the internal door is on the side opposite the bed, therefore the balcony door is also on the side, the rooms are opposite of each other. When the divider on those rooms swing open they block off one door which is not allowed. The next set of rooms will have the divider open and block one window, which is ok.

I had my TA assist with this. Take a look at this link. It will show what balconies connect vs. which rooms connect with a door inside.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1507/~/carnival-magic-(mc)-stateroom-descriptions---deck-6

I would also advise looking at the link below to make sure your deck 6 balcony isn't right below one of the hot tubs on deck 5.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MC/DeckPlans/carnival-magic-deck-plan-pdf.pdf

I had my TA assist with this. Take a look at this link. It will show what balconies connect vs. which rooms connect with a door inside.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1507/~/carnival-magic-(mc)-stateroom-descriptions---deck-6

I would also advise looking at the link below to make sure your deck 6 balcony isn't right below one of the hot tubs on deck 5.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MC/DeckPlans/carnival-magic-deck-plan-pdf.pdf

We found out about deck 5 after we booked. We are right over the hot tub. Trying to change to deck 8. How/where did you get the link about room configurations for deck 6 so I can look up deck 8?

Pretty much everything said here is correct. All standard balconies can be opened. The reason they can open us to allow the crew to open them to clean one long row. The cabins that have an internal connecting door can not open the balcony divider because it will block one of the doors going to the balcony. The reason is the internal door is on the side opposite the bed, therefore the balcony door is also on the side, the rooms are opposite of each other. When the divider on those rooms swing open they block off one door which is not allowed. The next set of rooms will have the divider open and block one window, which is ok.

All of the standard cabins are arranged back to back. This allows the bathrooms to use the same plumbing. At most, the OP would only be able to open one of the dividers.

Edited by RWolver672

We found out about deck 5 after we booked. We are right over the hot tub. Trying to change to deck 8. How/where did you get the link about room configurations for deck 6 so I can look up deck 8?

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of that page, there's a link for deck 8.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk