UK Cruisers

Does anyone know the current rate of exchange RCL are using for buying OBC ahead of time?

Many thanks

Pat

I bought OBC at $1.42 about a month ago. The typical bank rate at the time was $1.25 .

Their rates are usually better when buying OBC in advance and dont change as regularly as bank rates ,so its worth giving them a call.

Thanks all x

Remember the good old days when it was $2 to £1 - what joy!!

With respect to my British colleagues and friends, it's about bloody time the exchange rate for the Quid and the Euro came back down to normal. The last 10 years of both business trips to Europe as well as to Germany to visit my wife's family, with the obscenely weak US$, made this Yank travel rich but cash poor.

Michael

Edited by MikeNJ1109

• 1 month later...
Just wondering why anybody would do this.

I would have thought the best option would be to use a no foreign exchange fees credit card and insist rc charge your bill in dollars

Because sometimes we need $ for when on shore not just on the ship.

Because sometimes we need $ for when on shore not just on the ship.

OK understand now.

Think the are a few better ways but perhaps more hassle...have a look at the website from the bloke who appears on the One Show talking about saving money :)

Just wondering why anybody would do this.

I would have thought the best option would be to use a no foreign exchange fees credit card and insist rc charge your bill in dollars

It's because the cruiselines do not update their online exchange rates as regularly - for instance I got $1.67 to £1 for my cruise with Princess in March - actual rates were closer to $1.40 to £1. Similarly, got $1.43 to £1 with RCI for a cruise in August when actual rates were closer to $1.20 to £1. Dramatically better than using a no-fee credit card.