Obstructed View balcony Anthem

BeeSkip

Question: How obstructed is the obstructed view balcony staterooms?

Seems like priced well and wondering if we will be pleased or sorry. This would be for a Bermuda cruise so there is not much to see on the crossing.

Anyone with previous experience your 2 cents would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bee

Question: How obstructed is the obstructed view balcony staterooms?

Seems like priced well and wondering if we will be pleased or sorry. This would be for a Bermuda cruise so there is not much to see on the crossing.

Anyone with previous experience your 2 cents would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bee

We had one and I was very surprised. The life boat was in front of our balcony, but you still had the view over the life boat while standing, not sitting. I would book these cabins again.

There are many, many threads running on this subject....look for pics from Rob Tulipe.

We had an obstructed view on the Quantam and would never get an obstructed view again. I guess it really would depend what the obstruction is. Ours was the top of the life boats and a large beam in front of our room. The worst was there was a rope that was attached to the beam and something else that kept banging against the beam. But honestly after that cruise we are not fans of the Quantam class as we do not like the lay out of the ship. Felt too closed in for us.

The arrows on the Anthem deck plan below mark the cabins with lifeboat and tender boat davits (support/hoist) in front of their balconies thus have the most obstructed view.

Note the Quantum life and tender boat locations are slightly different as some of the forwards ones are smaller than the same number boat on Anthem.

AnthemDavits_zpspxq9dqmo.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I think it depends what your main concern is. If you think you are going to spend a lot of the time on the balcony and you feel having a big yellow thing blocking your view is going to bother your experience of even having a balcony, then don't get it. Some rooms are 50% obstructed, others are 75%.

I spent a lot of time researching these rooms, as I have a Bermuda cruise next year as well. I had switched to obstructed balcony from an interior room, because they were offering it for a $100 less then what I had booked the interior for. If you do the research, you can figure out which obstructed rooms and areas are better then others. You want to take into account of a couple of things, in regards to booking a 6th floor obstructed balcony, and looking at the floor plan:

-where are the smoking areas in the 5th floor

-don't want a room above restaurants like Jamie's Italian, due to noise

-a room that is not towards the front, if you get motion sickness

-where are the elevators, do you want to walk half a mile to them?

-do you care for connecting rooms

For me it was all about price. I had eventually found an obstructed room above bionic bar, but ended up booking another reservation with a guarantee stateroom and landed a D8 Superior Balcony Room, which I then switched rooms within that category. I ended up paying what I paid for an Interior originally, but that was fine for me, obviously.

To conclude, the views on these rooms, with the exception of a couple of rooms with like no obstruction (which I don't remember exactly the number, i think its like 6160 or something),

there are 3 type of views for these rooms:

-big lifeboat in front of you, and you can see straight out, but not down.

-white davits that hang the lifeboats in front of you, and its just kind of like picking and choosing where you can see out to the ocean

-cove rooms, which are located all the way at the front of the ship, and the only obstruction they have is that the balcony has a circular window view looking out, but nothing blocks it. The only things you have to take into account is it being in the front of the ship, and the walk.

At the end of the day, everyone's opinions are going to be different;

-someone coming from an interior room, and don't usually stay in their room that much, having any type of balcony is a plus.

-someone coming from a superior balcony, and likes hanging out on their balcony will say differ.

Edited by Pandabear90