Anniversary gift/ cheers/ behind the fun/ 10-9 sailing of the Carnival Dream

kylesplash

This is going to be a hodgepodge thread to cover many things from my cruise experience.

I sailed on a 7 day dream cruise on 10/9. I was in room 11218 which is a spa balcony room. We ate in the scarlet dinning room, I requested a table for 2, we had a nice table that was probably 4' from any other table. I never once met my room steward, but I marked to card stating I wanted service morning and evening, and she did so. The room was an okay temperature, I was comfortable under the covers at night.

I messaged John Heald before the cruise letting him know it was my 10 year wedding anniversary. I also let Carnival know is was a special occasion on my booking. Thursday afternoon we received a card from our room steward which had a gift card for $50 at the spa, and a free 5x7 photo. Thursday night after dinner we had a gift from John Heald. The gift was a ship on a stick, a bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries.

We couldn't use the spa card, it expired Friday and most appointments were booked. We used the photo card on a large photo from a photo booth on the second elegant night, we did have to pay the difference in cost, I believe it was $10.

The wife and I did Cheers, and we enjoyed it. To start off, if you tip your bartenders, they will work with you. Sunday afternoon I was already at 12 drinks, and my wife was resting before dinner. My bartender started charging drinks against my wife's card for me. I drank 6 drinks against my wife's account on the first day. We hit 28 drinks combined the first day, and 30 combined the last day. Every other day we had more than $50 each easily, and didn't max out. The wife enjoyed doing shots of Roca Patron with a diet coke on the side. The Roca Patron was $14.99 a shot.

The only issue I had with cheers, one night they charged a $55 tip against me, and a $55 tip against my wife. It was the first night when we were paying taxes and we rounded up to $1, I guess they missed the decimal point and the total being $1 on both of our slips. Guest services took care of the issue no questions asked.

We did the behind the fun tour, it was fun. We got to see the engine control room, various parts of the ship, and the bridge. During the tour there was breakfast/refreshments, cookies, and champagne. At the end of the tour we got carved soap, a hat, a bag, a wristband, and a lanyard. later that night they delivered tuxedo strawberries and our pictures. The picture of us with the captain was blurry :/

We used Uber to get to and from the port. Bot trips were free with credits.

We stayed at the holiday inn downtown (8 day parking) before the cruise. We stayed at the holiday inn french quarter after the cruise. We also stayed 2 nights in Memphis.

I have a bunch of video and pictures that I need to go through.

Feel free to ask any questions

Somethings I forgot to mention.

We ate in the dinning room any chance that we could. I think we only had the buffet 2 days for lunch.

We ate at the steak house on the last night.

Montego bay-> Catamaran sail and snorkel

Grand Cayman -> Turtle farm

Cozumel -> Nachi Cocum

I don't know when the pizza changed, but when I cruised in 2013 the pizza was thicker and you could order calzones. Now the pizza is thin crust and not as good.

It's great to hear that not all of the two-tops are scrunched up together. Did you email ahead of time or just speak to someone the day you boarded?

I'm also curious did you message John via fb?

I really enjoyed the fun tour when we took it. Was a bit surprised there weren't that many people doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's great to hear that not all of the two-tops are scrunched up together. Did you email ahead of time or just speak to someone the day you boarded?

I'm also curious did you message John via fb?

I really enjoyed the fun tour when we took it. Was a bit surprised there weren't that many people doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I emailed ahead of time. I sent my first email 2 months out. I heard back 3 days before the sailing.

I contacted John on FB the Friday before the cruise.

Behind the fun was cool, I was afraid it was going to sell out, so the second I got on the ship, I signed up. Glad I did it.

I emailed ahead of time. I sent my first email 2 months out. I heard back 3 days before the sailing.

I contacted John on FB the Friday before the cruise.

Behind the fun was cool, I was afraid it was going to sell out, so the second I got on the ship, I signed up. Glad I did it.

How do you email him? We are celebrating my parents 60th anniversary in 5 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
This is going to be a hodgepodge thread to cover many things from my cruise experience.

I sailed on a 7 day dream cruise on 10/9. I was in room 11218 which is a spa balcony room. We ate in the scarlet dinning room, I requested a table for 2, we had a nice table that was probably 4' from any other table. I never once met my room steward, but I marked to card stating I wanted service morning and evening, and she did so. The room was an okay temperature, I was comfortable under the covers at night.

I messaged John Heald before the cruise letting him know it was my 10 year wedding anniversary. I also let Carnival know is was a special occasion on my booking. Thursday afternoon we received a card from our room steward which had a gift card for $50 at the spa, and a free 5x7 photo. Thursday night after dinner we had a gift from John Heald. The gift was a ship on a stick, a bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries.

We couldn't use the spa card, it expired Friday and most appointments were booked. We used the photo card on a large photo from a photo booth on the second elegant night, we did have to pay the difference in cost, I believe it was $10.

The wife and I did Cheers, and we enjoyed it. To start off, if you tip your bartenders, they will work with you. Sunday afternoon I was already at 12 drinks, and my wife was resting before dinner. My bartender started charging drinks against my wife's card for me. I drank 6 drinks against my wife's account on the first day. We hit 28 drinks combined the first day, and 30 combined the last day. Every other day we had more than $50 each easily, and didn't max out. The wife enjoyed doing shots of Roca Patron with a diet coke on the side. The Roca Patron was $14.99 a shot.

The only issue I had with cheers, one night they charged a $55 tip against me, and a $55 tip against my wife. It was the first night when we were paying taxes and we rounded up to $1, I guess they missed the decimal point and the total being $1 on both of our slips. Guest services took care of the issue no questions asked.

We did the behind the fun tour, it was fun. We got to see the engine control room, various parts of the ship, and the bridge. During the tour there was breakfast/refreshments, cookies, and champagne. At the end of the tour we got carved soap, a hat, a bag, a wristband, and a lanyard. later that night they delivered tuxedo strawberries and our pictures. The picture of us with the captain was blurry :/

We used Uber to get to and from the port. Bot trips were free with credits.

We stayed at the holiday inn downtown (8 day parking) before the cruise. We stayed at the holiday inn french quarter after the cruise. We also stayed 2 nights in Memphis.

I have a bunch of video and pictures that I need to go through.

Feel free to ask any questions

Thanks for posting the review -

Curious what you thought of that room 11218 - reading some noise complaints from other reviews being right under the gym and equipment? Is it really that bad??

thanks