Infinity CS questions about cabin

lawgirl

Sailing in our first CS on Infinity. Curious about what is in cabin so I know what to pack or leave at home.

Lighted makeup mirror?

iPhone or iPad docking with speakers (I.e., place to play music?)

Any DVD player or way to play movies from iPad to TV? If so, What type of cord needed?

Plenty of outlets near makeup area?

Do we need a noise machine (seventh floor.... not below or above public areas)

I like to drink Coke Zero during night....can I take a can from Michael's Club?

Any other suggestions or things we should know about staying in a CS?

So exciting! :) thanks!

We were in CS 7140 on the Infinity for our 10th anniversary this past September - fantastic cabin! I even made a video of it that might answer some of your questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ApIWZblvZg

I do not recall seeing a lighted makeup mirror. There was a magnified shaving mirror attached to the wall in the bathroom, and mirrors ran the length of the dressing table in the closet.

There was an iPhone dock in the living room BUT the husband's iPhone 6 did not fit in it. He used to have the 4 and that fit fine. If the adapter attachment isn't too expensive, you might want to bring one along. He hadn't brought his charger because the last time we sailed with X, his phone fit fine. We ended up buying him a cord in San Francisco for about $8 that fit into my Samsung charger so he was able to charge his phone when he needed to.

Yes, there was a DVD player - you can tell your butler what movies you want to watch and he/she will get them, I believe from Michael's Club. I'm not sure about screening movies from your iPad to the tv. The tvs are Samsungs, and they do have USB ports in them, so I would think just bringing your usual cord would probably work to stream movies.

I did my makeup in the bathroom (no outlets) and dried/styled my hair at the desk in the walk-in closet. There are 6 outlets available at the desk. I plugged our travel power bar into one and just used that all week; I do believe at least 2 of the outlets would have needed adapators.

We were also on the seventh floor and while we don't travel with a noise machine anyway, I really don't think one is necessary. I don't recall hearing much noise at all from the hallway in any area of the cabin, and we were never awakened or disturbed while sleeping (I suspect there may be some soundproofing between the bed/headboard and the actual hallway wall).

Given that we were able to leave Michael's Club with our drinks at night, I'm sure you could take a soft drink with you. Also, our butler (Domenic) told us we were welcome to take stuff out of the in-room mini bar as long as he could replace it, so soft drinks, bottled water, and beers were available if we wanted it! **not sure if this is suite-wide policy or if we just got a really cool butler ;)

Other tips - not sure if you've stayed in suite class before, but if not, don't be afraid to take advantage of your butler! Obviously, don't actually take advantage, lol, but he/she is there to help and is happy to do things like make you dinner reservations, bring you your morning coffee/latte, provide specialized afternoon snacks/drinks, etc. Domenic took fantastic care of us all week and we tipped accordingly at the end of our trip, but I won't lie...it was pretty great to have someone show up with our morning lattes within 10 minutes of us asking for them! Oh, also on 'chic' nights they have a reserved seating section in the theatre for the shows, so just let your butler know if you plan to go to the early or late show and they will make sure you get a primo seat! Enjoy!!!

If you don't find your lit (batteries) magnifying makeup mirror, ask, and they will provide it. It will likely be in a bag, in drawers in the closet. I usually stick I it on a tissue box to get it a little higher. Works great, very nice mirror, very magnifying (have had the same on in every suite). I did my makeup in there regularly, lots of drawers and great light on the side of the fulll size mirror.

Absolutely no problem picking up sodas from Michaels club or any bar if you have a drink package and using those to stock your fridge.

I don't remember DVD players but we've been very successful at connecting my iPad to the TVs. I bring the adapter to HDMI and the HDMI cable. I've used HDMI port 3 on the side, put the TV on channel 3 and it worked on the last 3-4 sailings. If it doesn't work you can ask your butler for help. If you don't have the adapter you can buy it in the lounge and they'd probably find the HDMI cord, but I'd bring it to make life easy.

We loved the deck 7 location.

I think everything else was answered but a few recommendations:

You can sit on the toilet and swing your legs over the tub, or vice versa if you are short a the tub is high.

You can ask for a wooden wedge to hold the heavy balcony door open if you need too.

It's a really great cabin, make sure to ask your butler for what will make your cruise special.

Happy sailing,

Jenna and