Weird power question

NavyEmt

Does anyone know what the "Other" power plug is for? The one next to the US power plug. I know it is a for intentional travelers but which one. Can I use an international converter to use the second one.

Here is my problem, with a charging cord I get 6 ports and with 3 iPhone, laptop, apple watch, wireless headphone charger, and 3 USB battery I need as many outlets that I can get.

Does anyone know what the "Other" power plug is for? The one next to the US power plug. I know it is a for intentional travelers but which one. Can I use an international converter to use the second one.

Here is my problem, with a charging cord I get 6 ports and with 3 iPhone, laptop, apple watch, wireless headphone charger, and 3 USB battery I need as many outlets that I can get.

SImple leave some of the electronics home

are they allowed? I know power strips are. I don't want to plug strips into strips.

You can use power strips, as long as they are not surge protected.

Ours has 3 outlets and 2 usb ports. You can always charge in shifts, as well as use the USB ports on your laptop to charge devices while the laptop is charging (my laptop has a setting for charge only when you plug a device into usb).

The question still remains is the other outlet an international outlet? And if so would an adapter work?

I know I got a lot of tech but trust me I use it all, especially the 3 iPhone for two people. I find the hub app a drain on my phone and switch them out as that happens and I use one for snorkeling. My lap top does not have a regular USB port only USB-C

You can look at Amazon.com for the right power strip (no surge protector) and suitable no. of USB ports you need.

It's the same type used in Europe. Just buy an adapter (converter not required as Apple claims their chargers work on all voltages)
The only device that I found that does not like 220-240v is my electric toothbrush.

If you look at the fine print on your device.... most laptops, cameras, chargers take 220-240v and an adapter is all that is necessary for that second outlet.

Edited by xlxo

To answer your question, that is a 220v "Schuko" outlet. If looking for an adapter, find one that fits a "type F" outlet. As others have stated, most electronics have a "brick" on the power cord, or a "wall wart" that converts the incoming power to 5v. Look closely, especially hard to see on the Apple wall warts, and if it says "input voltage 100-240vac" then you can plug directly (using the adapter) into the 220v outlet.

xlxo's toothbrush will probably be fine plugged into the bathroom outlet marked "shavers only", as it will draw less amperage than the typical electric razor. You can also charge electronics here, but some of the bathroom outlets turn off when the bathroom light is off, so be warned.