San Juan 3pm-11pm - Shopping, Dinner, Drinks?

Scott2.0

Hi there! We'll have a good bit of time in port and I was thinking we'd play it by ear, do some shopping, have a nice dinner and then hit a couple spots for drinks.

Is this all doable in Old San Juan on foot? Any recommendations? I'm really going in fairly blind but since we have the whole evening there, I want to make the most of it.

Thanks in advance for any tips, insight and recommendations! :)

Yes. I recommend La Cueva Del Mar, Brain freezee, La mala vida. For drink you can't miss Los 3 Cuernos where you can find the "chichaito" shot in 20 or more flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! If you say Los 3 Cuernos is a can't miss, we'll be there! Are any or all of the restaurants you recommended traditional PR cuisine? Looking for pernil, mofongo, pastelillos, etc.

If we hit the town around 4pm, slowly walk around, shop, get dinner and then bar hop for a bit, do you think we'll have plenty to do over a period of 5-6 hours? I'm trying to avoid a planned, touristy excursion and just want to see as much of the city as possible while on foot.

You can find a great mofongo in brain freezee. La Cueva Del Mar is more "traditional" and you can find pastelillos and arroz mamposteao. And a great passion fruit mojito. Depends on the day you will going. On a week they close around 9pm weekend they close maybe 12 to 2am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along the bay where the Old San Juan pier is, at the end, a little park. Food trucks line up there at night. There were lots of locals down there, music, dancing. Now, this was a Saturday night, so I don't know if it's nightly. It was a great atmosphere. I could be a nice walk back to end your night.