Viking Sea March 5th shore Excursions

outdoorrich

I have been researching shore excursions for the March 5 Mediterranean Odyssey on the Viking Sea. Viking shore excursion for Rome does not include both the Vatican and the Colosseum. Through Rick Steve’s guidebook, I found, can’t be missed tours, CBM tours. They have an excursion that covers both the Vatican and the Colosseum plus other sites. They pick you up at the ship, and take you back to the ship in a minivan of eight people for €99. They also have an excursion for Florence and Pisa for €99. In Naples they have an excursion that covers Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, and Pompeii for $78. The problem for Naples is the fact that the ship does not arrive until 11 AM, and their tour starts at 8 AM. I contacted them and they said if we had eight people, they could run a tour for us. Their tours are much less expensive and cover more things than the cruise ship tours. I am looking for people who might be interested in the Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast , and Pompeii tour.

Rich & Melissa

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shore Excursions for Rome

I found a company, Rome in Limo They will do a tour of the coliseum and entry into the Vatican for 2 people $250. each 4 people $138. each. The Viking tour does not include all the sites that this tour does. We have 2 people looking for more people to join this tour.

Rich & Melissa

Hi Michele

Here is some info about the tour.

On the web site Romeinlimo go to Shore Excursions then shared excursions, on the right side of the page look for Group Closing soon. Look at Rome Highlights and under group name it would be Dombrow.

For 6 people it is 100 Euros a person. Also a tour guide would be 100 Euros divided between 6 people. Also you have to get the tickets for the sites which they give you a web site on their web site. They aren't that much. It does go to all the sites which is what we were looking for.

If you need anything else let us know.

Let us know what you decide.

Rich & Melissa

Shore Excursions for Rome

I found a company, Rome in Limo They will do a tour of the coliseum and entry into the Vatican for 2 people $250. each 4 people $138. each. The Viking tour does not include all the sites that this tour does. We have 2 people looking for more people to join this tour.

Rich & Melissa

Hi, Rich,

We did the Mediterranean Odyssey this past October. I had also looked at Romeinlimo because I wanted to do both St Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum. But, when I looked more closely at their website, they seemed to really dissuade against the investment of time in an inside tour of the Colosseum, relating the long lines, the security checks, etc. and suggesting just seeing it from the outside . Well, my husband really wanted to tour the Colosseum and our roll call was next to non-existent, so no getting others to put together a private tour. So, we went with Viking's tour and we were very happy we did. If we had had just a drive-by of the Colosseum, my husband would have been very disappointed. I would just caution you, if you do go with RomeinLimo, to carefully go over your itinerary for your day to make sure you will be visiting all the sites you wish to visit in your time frame allotted. Even with skipping St Peter's Basilica, it was a very long day, and I don't know how we could have packed in one more site visit. It was very memorable, though, so I am sure, whatever you choose to do, you will have a wonderful time.

Becki

Hi Michele

Here is some info about the tour.

On the web site Romeinlimo go to Shore Excursions then shared excursions, on the right side of the page look for Group Closing soon. Look at Rome Highlights and under group name it would be Dombrow.

For 6 people it is 100 Euros a person. Also a tour guide would be 100 Euros divided between 6 people. Also you have to get the tickets for the sites which they give you a web site on their web site. They aren't that much. It does go to all the sites which is what we were looking for.

If you need anything else let us know.

Let us know what you decide.

Rich & Melissa

I will talk to my sister before I reserve and will let you know. Is the extra 100 euros divided for a guide at the Vatican?

Hi Michele

The 100 euros would be be divided by everyone, but is not for a guide at the vatican it is for a guide to go with us in the van. This is an option that the limo service offers if we want. The driver is not really a tour guide, but will give information. I plan on signing up for the viking tour just in case we don't get enough people for this trip. I would prefer the limo trip because it will cover more sites. I can always cancel the viking tour. If we have 6 or more the limo tour it would be a great inexpensive tour.

Rich

Rich, I did receive an email stating they received my booking and it is processing. Hopefully it will show up on your group booking soon. If you want to try for 8 people it looks like you will have to adjust the size of the van as it said maximum of 6 when I reserved. Are you going to purchase the Vatican and colosseum tickets? I'm sure they will send me an email with the information. We are happy to join your tour as we hoped for a 6 or 8 person tour to keep costs down.

Michele ,

Glad to hear that you signed up for the limo tour in Rome. I plan on getting the skip the line tickets for the Vatican. I don't know if we will have time to wait in line for the colosseum. Undecided on that. I am away from my computer for xmas. Will check on opening up for more people when I get back.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone booked a tour for Naples yet. Our party of four is also interested. I am going to look at some options for independent tours but we would probably join up if someone has something booked. Would like to see Pompeii for sure and whatever other places are included.

Has anyone booked a tour for Naples yet. Our party of four is also interested. I am going to look at some options for independent tours but we would probably join up if someone has something booked. Would like to see Pompeii for sure and whatever other places are included.

Since there are 4 of you, a private tour should be less costly than any of the ship's offerings, and probably more geared to what you want.

We also wanted to visit Pompeii, however my wife has some mobility issues and from the posts and reviews we read it appears Pompeii will be too demanding. So we opted for the ship's tour to Herculaneum instead. And, if time and stamina permit, we'll take the metro to the archaeological museum.

Since there are 4 of you, a private tour should be less costly than any of the ship's offerings, and probably more geared to what you want.

We also wanted to visit Pompeii, however my wife has some mobility issues and from the posts and reviews we read it appears Pompeii will be too demanding. So we opted for the ship's tour to Herculaneum instead. And, if time and stamina permit, we'll take the metro to the archaeological museum.

I think you made a wise choice...we did Herc. for the same reason as a part of a pvt. Almalfi coast, and Positano tour. We signed up for the included Naples tour, this time..

Rich , I have interest in the from Naples that you spoke of going to Amalfi coast / Sorrento and Pompeii. We are party of two . How long is the tour? Do you have 8 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have 3 possible tour company options that I priced out for 4 and am now requesting prices for 6 or 8. If you still have interest you can email me j15mf115@gmail.com and I will forward the info I have so far. I have not decided which one is the best option yet.

I posted this on our roll call but am posting here as well

I do have space on the Naples tour I booked with Vittorio Rosato. His website is http://www.rosatoprivatetour.com. The costs and tour description is below and it begins when we dock at 11am on 3/11. I am not planning to add the additional guide at Pompeii, but instead use the Rick Steves audio guide. Right now we have four, but cost is much lower per person for 6 or 8. If anyone has interest, let me know and I will be happy to add you on.

Michele

PRICES:

400 Euros for 4 people traveling

450 Euros for 6 people traveling

500 Euros for 8 people traveling

Included in the price:
Air-conditioned vehicle for a 8-9 hour tour with an English speaking native Italian, All tolls, parking, petrol and taxes are included.

Not included: *entrance tickets, **authorized guide& lunch.

Payment is on the day in Euro cash only.

Gratuity can be paid to the driver at your discretion

Shore Excursion Sorrento, Positano & Pompeii from Naples

The Shore Excursion Sorrento, Positano & Pompeii from Naples is one of the most complete tour you can do. The tour is designed for cruise passengers who want to see the best of Campania despite having little available time. Our private driver will greet you at the port of Naples to take you on the Amalfi Coast where we will visit the refined Positano, a fishing village heritage site. You will continue the tour to Sorrento small tourist town famous worldwide for the inlay wood and lemons and finally the Pomepii excavations, one of the best preserved Roman archaeology sites in the world. A magical day that will make you fall madly in love with Campania and Italy.

Hi Michele, I posted a response on roll call as well. We are a party of two ( Cle and Angela )and want to join your Naples tour on 3/11/17. I emailed my contact info to rosatoprivatetour. Com

What is the cost of entrance tickets/authorized guide ? Any plan for lunch ? My email is proctor824@gmail.com Please confirm including us on tour.

Thx. Angela

Hi Michele, I posted a response on roll call as well. We are a party of two ( Cle and Angela )and want to join your Naples tour on 3/11/17. I emailed my contact info to rosatoprivatetour. Com

What is the cost of entrance tickets/authorized guide ? Any plan for lunch ? My email is proctor824@gmail.com Please confirm including us on tour.

Thx. Angela

Angela, I sent you an email, it's great you are joining us.

• 1 month later...