Price Drop

sealgs2000

Keep trying to call her. Our PVP dpesen't come to work till 11am and yours may be the same.

We had the price drop on our Inspiration cruise a few years ago just a few weeks before sailing and they gave us the difference in an on board credit. Hope they do the same for you.

After final payment, I noticed that the oceanview guarantee price had dropped to $50 less pp than the inside stateroom my sisters had booked. Called the PVP & got them upgraded to an oceanview 6A, plus got the $50 pp as shipboard credit for them. Ask...it never hurts! Good luck...see you at 4:00 on 11/20...Skypool Bar area.

Patty in Texas

We've always gotten an on board credit if the price drops- even after full payment.

Book through a pvp- she's great!

So I hope it works out for you too.

Where do you look for the current price on a particular cruise? We are booked on the Glory for Mar. 25/'06. We are in 8425 on Panorama deck.

Thanks for any info.

Luv's Crusin'

Where do you look for the current price on a particular cruise? We are booked on the Glory for Mar. 25/'06. We are in 8425 on Panorama deck.

Thanks for any info.

Luv's Crusin'

Go to the Carnival website, click on "My Reservation" & sign in. Then click on "Upgrade Stateroom" in the lower right corner of the screen. Available cabins and current prices will come up.

You guys are the best! I just called and got $150 on board credit. They also offered to upgrade us from inside to oceanview. I declined.

We like to sleep in, no sunshine for us! We love our Riviera Cave! Quiet! Always room in the elevator! And most importantly you can always walk upright down the hall ( no ocean motion)!!!!!!

Congratulations! I'm not so lucky. I also am sailing in 16 days on the Celebration. I called my PVP and although I might have been eligible for a $150 credit for myself and DH, he told me that he couldn't upgrade us (we have 5 in our room) and there are no other 5 person rooms available, and because it's too close to the cruise, they would not give us a credit. Any suggestions on what I should do now?

Seadoll

I would ask for an onboard credit. They may not be able to give you a credit to your credit card, but they can give you the onboard credit to your sign and sail card. Keep asking till you get the right answer. Talk to a supervisor if necessary.

Texas, I went to my reservation, but I see no area that says "upgrade stateroom." All it says is "stateroom details" and when you click on that, it gives generic info on that particular stateroom. I tried it for our 5/28/06 Valor sailing, as well as our 4/27/07 Hawaii cruise. Neither had what you refer to.

Because of this thread, I went online to check the price with Expedia (where I booked originally). Sailing Glory in 2 weeks. They are now offering a price $20 pp lower than what I paid, but it is for senior citizen rate. I originally booked under a previous passenger rate, but one of us is a senior, so I called Expedia, and they checked with CC, who said they would have to cancel and rebook to give me the different rate, and since I'm inside the penalty timeframe, I would have a penalty, etc. etc. etc. So, I asked about onboard credit. They put me on hold for about 15 minutes, but finally came back and said CC would give me the $20 onboard credit per person!

Expedia just emailed a confirmation to me, and stated that there "would be no further compensation if the price drops further". Oh well, that's $40 worth of Pina Coladas that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't called!!!

Thanks for all the good info, I've learned a lot on this forum.:D

I have the link for upgrade stateroom. The view cabin details is below the picture and upgrade stateroom is above the picture. Only when I clicked on it, prices had gone up and are now over $300 per person what we paid for our class/cabin about 2 weeks ago.

Yikes - must be a poplular cruise.

I spoke at length with my PVP. He called the supervisor and they couldn't do anything I guess because we have 5 in the room. We have 11 rooms total in our group, so I asked if he could work on moving the others in my group and he said he would call back after he spoke with a supervisor again. While I was on hold with a supervisor about my deal, he called back and got everyone upgraded two floors in oceanview cabins, even ME! I don't know what kind of strings he had to pull, but I'm very thankful! When I checked my booking this morning, the changes have already been made.

Now the question is- when we got our doc's, it came with luggage tags and now all the tags are wrong. Are we going to have to worry about not getting our luggage til late on the first night or will they have some available for us to change them or what?

Texas, I went to my reservation, but I see no area that says "upgrade stateroom." All it says is "stateroom details" and when you click on that, it gives generic info on that particular stateroom. I tried it for our 5/28/06 Valor sailing, as well as our 4/27/07 Hawaii cruise. Neither had what you refer to.

As pppiglet responded, I suspect it is a TA vs online booking thing. I booked online directly through the Carnival website. I'm guessing you used a TA?

Texas, yes, I did use a TA. We booked 4 cabins on the 5/29/06 sailing of the Valor. This is the first time we've booked guarantee....one balcony guarantee for DH and I, and 3 inside guarantees for the kids and their friends. Is there anyway to check and see if cabin assignments have been made yet?

Archived