What makes Cheers Program worth it?

Glasses of wine are included in the MDR and you get discounts on bottles. At least we did June anyways.

As stated before, if you have 5-6 drinks a day plus like coffee, water, soda, milkshakes, etc. it will be worth it. Especially if you want to try new stuff. Don't like it? Just set aside and get something else.

Definitely can get wine by the glass in mdr. We usually cocktail at alchemy and then carry a drink in with us when our table is ready....anytime dining. When I place my dinner order I tell the waiter my wine order and usually have by the time I've finished my roadie.

I found it worth the money. We would drink at the pool all day then go by the Alchemy bar on the way to dinner to get a drink to take with us. The drinks they made were wonderful! We did not however care for the coffee bar - it was no Starbucks. We did not do long shore excursions and were on the ship most of the 7 days - that is another factor to consider. I am glad I tried it and plan to buy it again next time.

It's always been worth it to me...even more now that they include the non-alcoholic drinks. On a sea day I'll have two specialty coffees. Then a bloody mary or two before lunch. I'd try a couple alchemy cocktails in the afternoon. A bottle of water with each meal. A few Guinness a night with the shows. A port day can be more challenging...I get water and/or energy drinks on the program to take off the ship..And I don't drink in port so I can still take advantage of cheers at night.

Edited by Saint Greg

Thanks for the clarification about wine by glass being included. Any experience about how timely wine service is in the MDR? Can you actually get 2 or even 3glasses during the hour and half that you are in the MDR or are you just lucky to get one glass? I mostly like to drink wine with dinner rather than cocktails and only at dinner so that is my concern about purchasing the beverage package if I won't be able to get timely service for wine by the glass in the MDR.

We did not find it to be worth it. We tried it on a 4 day recently and found, especially on our port day, to be "working" to make it worthwhile. We drink martini's, long islands, and bloody Mary's primarily (all about $10 drinks). So it really takes 6 drinks per person to start to break even. That's just too much for me in an evening, and I am guessing that over the 3 days (you can't buy it in NY) we broke even and got a little ahead. But, that was because I tried a milkshake one day - but I sure as heck don't need those calories daily! And hubby had multiple expressos, and a couple of specialty coffee's from Java Blue, something that he would regularly pass on. We ended up taking home 2 of the 4 bottles of wine we brought for us and another couple.

On a typical 7 days cruise, with 4 ports of call, I don't think our bar bill has ever run over $400 because we bring on wine, and just enjoy our shore time. A glass of wine in the room and a couple of martini's makes for a nice evening and we have spent $40. We would have a long way to go to get to the $800 (including gratuities) that CHEERS would cost, even when you double that on a sea day.

Have any of you done a comparison with Cheers cost vs what you would have paid OOP? DH seems to think we won't drink enough to justify it. He says we can just pay OOP & not worry about the cost. I just don't think I will feel as free to try new thing paying OOP. KWIM?

YES...my first Carnival cruise I didn't do Cheers. On the second I did and saved about $125 by doing so.

Now I JUST DO IT...Pre pay and not worry about what I'm drinking. I don't drink soda, water. milkshakes and coffees but after 6-7 Coor's light's it's already paid for itself..and sometimes a frozen whatever and a few wines and Bloody Mary's and maybe a martini or something else....

Some days I will drink early (sea days) and others not so much but overall, it pays for me to do Cheers!

CHEERS!