Upgrade Advantage Question - Multiple Bids

ScorpioCat

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here after lurking for quite a bit. I'm going on the Getaway for my honeymoon in December. I received the Upgrade Advantage email a few weeks ago and put in a bid right away. We currently have a balcony room and put in a $400 bid on the H5. On Monday, we decided to increase the bid to $600, after reading anecdotes from people on this board who increased the initial amount and their bid got accepted within a few days. (I realize this is still a low amount comparatively speaking.)

My question is, though, about putting in bids on multiple rooms. We would love to have a Haven room, and would like to put in bids on the other types with rooms still available, but don't want to end up penalized in some way. Has anyone successfully put in bids for multiple rooms and had one be accepted? If so, were you penalized in any way for the other bids you had put in?

Thanks!

I bid on 3 different haven catergories & just one of my bids was accepted. Leaving a week from Sunday on The Getaway in an H6 Aft Suite.

How long after you bid did you hear you were accepted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bid on 3 different haven catergories & just one of my bids was accepted. Leaving a week from Sunday on The Getaway in an H6 Aft Suite.

I bid on 4 different haven categories for my 12/3 sailing. I still haven't heard anything. Do you mind me asking how much was the bid that was accepted and was type of cabin were you in originally?

I bid on 4 different haven categories for my 12/3 sailing. I still haven't heard anything. Do you mind me asking how much was the bid that was accepted and was type of cabin were you in originally?

I originally booked a cat MX - Minisuite Guarantee with UBP & SDP when they were still offering perks with guarantees. I received the upgrade advantage email on 9/24 and my bid was accepted 10/10. I bid $1050.00 p/p for the H6.

Good Luck!

When you bid are you bidding per person or total on the cabin?

This is win win for ncl they will be getting a lot more for haven now. The days of $500 or even $750 p/p are gone.

It probably will squash all the talk of how much I tip the butler and I am surprising my dw with this suite.

I have taken advantage of these deal but I am so sick of hearing about folks posting this stuff over and over again.

This is win win for ncl they will be getting a lot more for haven now. The days of $500 or even $750 p/p are gone.

It probably will squash all the talk of how much I tip the butler and I am surprising my dw with this suite.

I have taken advantage of these deal but I am so sick of hearing about folks posting this stuff over and over again.

Agreed!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here after lurking for quite a bit. I'm going on the Getaway for my honeymoon in December. I received the Upgrade Advantage email a few weeks ago and put in a bid right away. We currently have a balcony room and put in a $400 bid on the H5. On Monday, we decided to increase the bid to $600, after reading anecdotes from people on this board who increased the initial amount and their bid got accepted within a few days. (I realize this is still a low amount comparatively speaking.)

My question is, though, about putting in bids on multiple rooms. We would love to have a Haven room, and would like to put in bids on the other types with rooms still available, but don't want to end up penalized in some way. Has anyone successfully put in bids for multiple rooms and had one be accepted? If so, were you penalized in any way for the other bids you had put in?

Thanks!

So I'm new on here also and I have a question about the Upgrade email. I booked through a TA so will they get that email or will i still receive it?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So I'm new on here also and I have a question about the Upgrade email. I booked through a TA so will they get that email or will i still receive it?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Wildfan43. My fiance and I booked through a TA as well, and all 3 of us got the email. I can't speak for everyone, but that was our experience.

Hi Wildfan43. My fiance and I booked through a TA as well, and all 3 of us got the email. I can't speak for everyone, but that was our experience.

Thanks for answering me so quickly. How long before your cruise did you receive the Upgrade email?

Agreed!

It won't stop folks because it's just how we are unfortunately. Just like the upsell number was given it'll be the same for the email and the postings of what their winning bids were. It's just the way we are as people.

Here is a tip, don't read posts and it won't bother you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on which travel agency you used to book with. Not all agencies have agreed to participate in the new program. As was explained to me this morning by NCL Upsell department some agencies just didn't respond to their emails to participate in this new program and if you book through an agency, NCL has to send the offer email via the agency. I just found out my agency did not respond to the multiple emails NCL sent them to opt in to the bidding program and therefore I will not be receiving an offer to bid.

I am sure at some point this agency (and any others who haven't yet) will opt in to the bidding advantage program as to not loose business but since this is a new program it may take several disgruntled passengers to complain to the agency for them to respond to NCl to opt in.

Frustrating for sure.

Not necessarily, people are only going to bid what they can afford

It depends on which travel agency you used to book with. Not all agencies have agreed to participate in the new program. As was explained to me this morning by NCL Upsell department some agencies just didn't respond to their emails to participate in this new program and if you book through an agency, NCL has to send the offer email via the agency. I just found out my agency did not respond to the multiple emails NCL sent them to opt in to the bidding program and therefore I will not be receiving an offer to bid.

I am sure at some point this agency (and any others who haven't yet) will opt in to the bidding advantage program as to not loose business but since this is a new program it may take several disgruntled passengers to complain to the agency for them to respond to NCl to opt in.

Frustrating for sure.

Thanks for this info. I will have to check with my TA for sure.