Eli's Eco tour Question

raider23

:confused: This is for anyone who has done Eli's tour. My wife & I would like to go but we have concerns about the boat ride. My wife has a bad back & we were wondering how bumpy the boat ride is. We will be there in March. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Gary

We will be doing this tour on November 22nd so I will let you know how it goes when we return. My mother who is a fairly active mid 60's golfer has had to cancel out of this tour because she had back surgery 2 weeks ago (4 weeks from excursion date).... I still think she could have done the tour but we didn't think it was worth the risk. I will keep and eye on the "bounce" factor and report back when we return.

Eli's new boat is very comfortable, and definitely smoother than the old boat, but it's still a power cat, and not a sail boat. The seats are cushioned, and I don't recall getting bounced around too much. I'd recommend that you e-mail Eli and ask them what they think. I'm sure they'll give you an honest response - they don't want to see your wife hurt any more than you do.

planocruiser3,

I am looking forward to your review. Thanks and have a great time.

erniesband,

Good suggestion I did e-mail Eli & he gave me a very quick response that it should be OK but ask to be seated at the back of the boat.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Raider23,

We just returned today from sailing on the Serenade and we did Eli's Eco tour. The boat is very stable and the waters were very mild/calm the day we were there. There was little to no motion on the boat (it is like being on a flat pontoon boat) However, most of the seats have no cushions...the best seats on the boat are at the very back...there is a padded bench that holds 3 people and it was the best (most comfortable) seat on the boat. The seat in the back does get alot of sun since it is not covered so if you don't want sun then sit under the large covering on the unpadded seats. You may want to bring several towels to make a more comfortable seat if you don't sit at the back.

Hope that helps!

Archived