Getting from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to Newark Liberty International

littlehamish

@MCC retired - getting to EWR that early would give us a lot of time to kill. :( Did you arrange an early disembarkation time - or was that just how it happened?

Does anyone know if there are left luggage facilities at Terminal B at EWR?

Sorry for all the questions, we're new to all this.

littleHamish

My original suggestion was into Manhattan for the day and then take the Port Authority bus or Taxi to EWR - which is what I personally would do.

However at EWR Terminal B there is an Airport Lounge (LANDSIDE) that would make your stay a little more pleasant and comfortable. It is called "Art & Lounge" - it is available with Priority Pass membership but maybe you can pay locally - someone may be able to comment.

Trevor

littlehamish,

You mentioned in a previous post that you would be taking service on WOW airlines. They only serve EWR once a day. Because of their limited service, their ticket counter probably won't be open for check in until much later in the day. You might want to call and ask what time their counter is manned? The other airlines won't accept your bags. If you get to the terminal at 11:00, you should plan on hanging onto your bags for quite a while.

If you were booked with one of the major airlines, or use Cunard's air arrangements, they would go ahead and check your bags in well ahead of time.

If it's Iceland Air, I took that flight earlier this year and it leaves at 8 PM. I've had the experience of arriving at the airport too early and not being able to check luggage which is a pretty miserable situation if you have a lot. Getting to EWR mid-day and hanging around until evening is agony unless, that is, you have lounge access. Iceland has lounge access for its business class AND economy comfort which is not that expensive. You are also going to have a layover in Iceland.

There is a company in NY which would pick you up at cruise terminal and deliver you to EWR after a tour of the city. It would probably be a lot cheaper per person if you find another couple or two to share the ride.

I can't personally vouch for them but the web site is http://www.familyinnewyork.com/

I also agree that if you can get a limo service for a short visit/tour in Manhattan before heading to EWR, it would be vastly preferable than just being dumped at Newark with hours before your flight.

Personally, I get anxious if I can't visit NY at least once a year, so I'm hardly an impartial commenter and want to share my enthusiasm for that amazing city.

Although the Cunard busses work from Macy's which is convenient for subway connections and the Empire State Building. I might suggest that your driver let you off on 5th Ave for shopping and Rockefeller Center. You may want to have lunch at Rockefeller Center. (There are almost limitless other itineraries)

Newark airport is only distinguished as being less horrible than LaGuardia and arguably more convenient to West Side addresses than JFK. (Personally, I prefer it when staying in Times Square for a Broadway binge.) In any event, I'd work to minimize my time in that soulless concrete sinkhole that is EWR.

In any event - after spending two or (MANY) more hours at EWR, your flight home will seem luxurious, no matter how horrible the connection.

Edited by MarkBearSF

@hvsteve1 - We are flying out on WOW airlines to Iceland (new carrier). Flight departs 17:25 hrs from EWR, which means - theoretically we can check in about 15:30 - however....

Thanks for the steer on familyinnewyork.com - I emailed them but they can't help. They say that it is Thanksgiving Weekend and they are already fully booked that day. Should have remembered that one! I guess that means that most private transportation in NY will be limited that day, so finding a firm and reliable booking for a transfer is quite urgent. So it looks best that we book a Cunard transfer to EWR and take plenty of reading material.

On the up side, finally got our cabin allocation today - low midships and close the lifts. :)

littleHamish