Your Time Dining Waitlisted

I didn't realize until we are signed up for early dining. I tried to change to YTD but it's now Waitlisted. Early dining is also Waitlisted. We sail in 2 weeks. Any chance that we will get switched to YTD? When I tried to select waitlist, it didn't do anything. We are a party of 2. It's not really a big deals but I want to go to the martini tasting at 6pm, which would interfere with our dining time.

We recently went on the Freedom and were waitlisted for YTD. When we got on the ship our cards said we were assigned early dining. They suggested we go to the MDR after we board and talk to the Maitre 'd about it. He said they would try to move us and we would find out the next day. The next day, we got a letter in our cabin that they were unable to accommodate our change.

That night we went to our assigned dining and were placed at a table for 10. That made us a little nervous. Turned out we met some incredibly nice folks and had wonderful discussions every night.

We recently went on the Freedom and were waitlisted for YTD. When we got on the ship our cards said we were assigned early dining. They suggested we go to the MDR after we board and talk to the Maitre 'd about it. He said they would try to move us and we would find out the next day. The next day, we got a letter in our cabin that they were unable to accommodate our change.

Do they have a script for this? Same thing happened to me when I sailed with my daughter last year. It was basically a "last minute" cruise (although I booked about three months before sail date) and ALL times were waitlisted. When we arrived at the terminal we were told the same thing upon checking in: "go straight to the MDR and talk to the Maitre D'". Well I did, but he was not available so I talked to his assistant which gave me the exact same response, with the exact same outcome. We did manage to get assigned a table for two (although one night we showed up and they had seated another couple on our table and simply moved us to another part of the dinning room) but being early dinning, it kindda messed up some things I had planned upon re-borading the ship every day. But nothing that spoiled my cruise. Staff in the MDR were incredible, though.

I didn't realize until we are signed up for early dining. I tried to change to YTD but it's now Waitlisted. Early dining is also Waitlisted. We sail in 2 weeks. Any chance that we will get switched to YTD? When I tried to select waitlist, it didn't do anything. We are a party of 2. It's not really a big deals but I want to go to the martini tasting at 6pm, which would interfere with our dining time.

The martini tasting (at least in Alchemy) tends to run from 5-8 pm early in the cruises. It's an excellent pre-dinner stop for either dining time. Also, most people don't know that in the first hour or so when then open at 5 pm, they will bring out a little tray of cheese, nuts and olives to snack on.

Here is our martini advice: the bartenders aren't your ordinary bartenders and there is a reason they are assigned to this bar. They know their liquors and the flavors that mix well. Do a taste test, tell them what you like and don't like about what you had, and then let them craft you a drink. On the Sunshine a couple of weeks ago Bojan asked me the first night if I liked gin. I said yes, and he crafted what I dubbed the "I don't know" because he didn't have a name for the drink - but it was Hendricks with cucumber, lavender, vanilla and lemon? It was light and refreshing and I lost track of how many he made. He also made me a white chocolate one evening for dessert. He also modified the Perfect Storm for my hubby to make it less sweet and it was fantastic. So, long story short - trust them...you aren't bound to the menu.

Once onboard try and speak to the Maitre'd; that's your best chance to have it moved.

Hmm? I love Alchemy and the martiini tasting there but I have not been offered snack items to eat with the drinks. Perhaps it is a ship by ship enhancement??

I did think that it lasted several hours so that's why I don't think it matters which kind of dining you have.

They want folks from all the dining times to try it.