Magic Concierge suite-changing date and/or categroy

honeypie72

WE have a concierge room booked for 2018!

I understand our deposit is non refundable. Are you allowed to move the deposit to a lower category room on the same date or a different date?

We are excited for the concierge room and I hope this isn't an issue, but wanted to be informed!! :)

Historically, you have been able to move to another stateroom category on the same date (in which case your deposit remains non-refundable) or to make a single move to a concierge cabin on a different date. However, I've read anecdotal reports of people being told that they could not move their concierge booking to another date. Long, long ago, you were allowed to move it twice...or at least people were able to do it regardless of what the policy stated.

I have never seen a written policy on moving a concierge booking beyond the fact that the deposit is non-refundable. I'm sure it exists somewhere in all that fine print, but I can't reprint it here for you.

Bottom line--before making a concierge booking, I'd ask for a copy of the current policy regarding moving/changing the booking IN WRITING. What you are told by a CM on the phone has no binding on the next CM you speak with. There is no reason that they shouldn't be able to e-mail the policy for your review prior to placing the deposit.

Edited by moki'smommy

You are able to change the date and change categories - your deposit will stay as non-refundable no matter the category.

The only way to get the current answer would be to contact DCL and ask to speak with a supervisor if the agent that answers doesn't sound confident with their answer.

I called earlier this week and was told I could move the date but had to be within the same category on the new sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd suggest calling and asking again. Sadly, if you call 3 times and ask the CM who answers the phone a question, it's not unlikely that you could get 4 different answers.

Maybe ask to speak to a supervisor for clarification (especially if the new answer is different than the old one).

I called earlier this week and was told I could move the date but had to be within the same category on the new sailing.

Sadly you were told wrong information. You can change the date and downgrade to a non-concierge room, the deposit will stay as non-refundable. Call back and ask for a supervisor and let them know what info. you were told the last time you called.

Belle, what you are saying is totally correct based on what DCL has done for the past many years. Do you know where this can be found in written form? Because if it is just a "this is how we've always done it," that could change on one minute's notice with a memo from the front office.

I'm not saying it has changed. I would just cover myself with a copy of the written policy that was in effect at the time the reservation was made.

I changed my concierge room to a different sailing date in another month in order to accommodate a better use of my DVC points and they didn't say a word. It was the same price.

I have also changed cabins - same concierge category - because I discovered I liked one deck better than another. That's my experience. Others' may be different.

i changed my date twice, but staying in the 1 bedroom category...

but this was several years ago, so i don't know if the policy has changed..

Long ago, this was commonly allowed. Recently guests have reported being told that they could only move once. That's why I say "get it in writing."