Two questions about 14 day Vietnam and Thailand cruise

MarciAnn

We were on this cruise two years ago.

I don't remember Shopping with the Chef being offered on our cruise.

In Ho Chi Minh we were at a dock right in the city centre. We very much enjoyed the sail in and out up the winding Saigon river.

We were on this cruise two years ago.

I don't remember Shopping with the Chef being offered on our cruise.

In Ho Chi Minh we were at a dock right in the city centre. We very much enjoyed the sail in and out up the winding Saigon river.

The little sisters used to go right into downtown Saigon. Were you on one of these ? I'm not sure the current ships can get that far up the river and therefore would now dock at the container berth which is unfortunately about 90 minutes drive from downtown Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City).

I don't remember Shopping with the Chef being offered on our Legend cruise in 2014 either.

Somehow, having seen a couple of Vietnamese markets on our trip, I think it would be a bit of a shock for some. When they slaughter a pig that morning, every single piece and organ is laid out for sale.

Pig lung soup with tripe anyone ?

Great trip however; would do it again in a heartbeat.

The little sisters used to go right into downtown Saigon. Were you on one of these ? I'm not sure the current ships can get that far up the river and therefore would now dock at the container berth which is unfortunately about 90 minutes drive from downtown Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City).

I don't remember Shopping with the Chef being offered on our Legend cruise in 2014 either.

Somehow, having seen a couple of Vietnamese markets on our trip, I think it would be a bit of a shock for some. When they slaughter a pig that morning, every single piece and organ is laid out for sale.

Pig lung soup with tripe anyone ?

Great trip however; would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sadly we never sailed on the triplets, we were on Sojourn, think it was also 2014.

Great cruise that we would also do again in a heartbeat.

Edited by Nigella

Someone asked this question on a thread a couple of posts further down the page.

If you type "Nha Rong, Dragon Wharf" into Google Earth that should take you to the end of the berth which Seabourn use.

As close as you can get to places like the Opera House or the Rex Hotel.

Henry :)

We were on Sojourn.

Henry :)

Nigella is right: In Ho Chi Minh City Seabourn docks right in the city, a several minutes walk to the main street with its iconic hotels. Nothing to do with what the small ships could do and the ODY class cannot. I was there on Ody and Soj in the past few years.

Happy and healthy sailing!

We were on O about 6 years ago but don't remember the location as we had private tours organized for both days. This visit we want to spend our time wandering the downtown area and visiting the iconic Rex and Majestic so we're very pleased and excited to hear Seabourn docks very close to the downtown area.

If you have the opportunity, see the water puppet show....very interesting! Also, we went to the Mekong Delta for a day which was equally interesting. The drive there was worth it on its own!

Vietnam is a beautiful and interesting country. We were warmly received and made to feel very welcome.