Just off Pride 23 October Sailing...Questions?

swodog94

Hi folks,

Literally just got home after a week on board Carnival Pride. We sailed from Baltimore on 23 October and were supposed to go to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. Well, that turned into Grand Turk and Nassau. FYSA, we stayed in an Ocean Suite (6203) and booked a cabana in Grand Turk. I've got a full blown review with pictures that I'm putting together, but if you've got some quick questions now, fire away!

I'll be awaiting your pictures!!! Was this your first stay in a Ocean Suite? Was it worth the extra $ in your opinion? We have a Ocean Suite book on the Pride ours is 6174 . Ours is the 14 days cruise leaving January 7 - 2018. We use our room a bit more than the average cruiser in my Opinion as we like hanging with just the two of us away from the crowds a bit each day / evening . Sorry you didn't get to all our your planned ports tho !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be awaiting your pictures!!! Was this your first stay in a Ocean Suite? Was it worth the extra $ in your opinion? We have a Ocean Suite book on the Pride ours is 6174 . Ours is the 14 days cruise leaving January 7 - 2018. We use our room a bit more than the average cruiser in my Opinion as we like hanging with just the two of us away from the crowds a bit each day / evening . Sorry you didn't get to all our your planned ports tho !!!

This was our second time in an OS...we had 6172 three years ago on Pride (check out my video on the tube-site-we-shall-not-mention). For us it's totally worth every cent. We love having a balcony and we use it a lot! We also relax in our cabin, read, watch movies, etc...it ain't all about laying out by the pool. The weather also didn't cooperate so we probably spent more time indoors this time than we have in years past. Enjoy your cruise!

I saw another post from someone on the Conquest and they said the Pizza Pirate had lasagna and other items available from 11pm-1am. Do you know if they had this on the Pride too?

Thanks

I don't know, sorry. I didn't cruise by the pizza place that late. But we did have their pizza for lunch and dinner and it's awesome!

Hi folks,

Literally just got home after a week on board Carnival Pride. We sailed from Baltimore on 23 October and were supposed to go to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. Well, that turned into Grand Turk and Nassau.

Cruising on the Pride in 2 weeks. Just wondering if they told you why you didn't go to Freeport.

Edited by ETski

I saw another post from someone on the Conquest and they said the Pizza Pirate had lasagna and other items available from 11pm-1am. Do you know if they had this on the Pride too?

Thanks

I was on this sailing as well and there was only pizza and Caesar salad the whole time.

Cruising on the Pride in 2 weeks. Just wondering if they told you why you didn't go to Freeport.

Yes, Hurricane Matthew passed directly over the island. The power grid was destroyed and the majority of structures lost their roofs. We were in Nassau on Thursday 27 Oct and our taxi driver was married to a woman from Freeport. He said they got CRUSHED and that many of the people there were in Nassau working jobs until the island got back on its feet...could be another 1-2 months. I don't think we'll see port visits to Freeport again until December.

Hope you had a great time! Do you recall if they offered biscuits & gravy for breakfast on lido?

I never saw biscuits n gravy...but the breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana were awesome! They did have the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes (fried and hash brown), pancakes, waffles, french toast and eggs benedict.

How were the pre-reserved shore excursions handled with the change in port?

Automatic refunds. We had reserved a cabana on Half Moon Cay. The day after we missed that port visit I used the automated kiosk to check my account...the cabana had been charged and then refunded. I did not have to go to Guest Services or take any action. It happened automatically. The port fees were refunded in the same manner.

Was the gangway fixed in Port of Baltimore?

No, sadly it's not fixed yet. Once you get your sign and sail card checked in, you will be herded down a series of CONEX boxes until you come to the gangway. This gangway leads into A Deck (just like you use debarking/embarking in foreign ports). It slows things down, but with staggered check in, it's not too bad. You will bebark the same way when you get back to Baltimore.

Automatic refunds. We had reserved a cabana on Half Moon Cay. The day after we missed that port visit I used the automated kiosk to check my account...the cabana had been charged and then refunded. I did not have to go to Guest Services or take any action. It happened automatically. The port fees were refunded in the same manner.

Hmmmmmmmmm........ port fees! I never though of that.

So missing Freeport you get the port fees back?

Hello, I do have a several questions but I'll wait for you review. We are looking to sail out of Baltimore on Pride in May. We live in Massachusetts, so instead of flying to port we will be driving down. My wife and I came off of Breeze in September and the one thing I noticed was a cold breakfast and not much of selection and also Room service was not as personal as I remembered on Glory and Victory. Not sure maybe because Breeze is a larger ship and there are more people to attend too. How was your experience on Pride?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Hello, I do have a several questions but I'll wait for you review. We are looking to sail out of Baltimore on Pride in May. We live in Massachusetts, so instead of flying to port we will be driving down. My wife and I came off of Breeze in September and the one thing I noticed was a cold breakfast and not much of selection and also Room service was not as personal as I remembered on Glory and Victory. Not sure maybe because Breeze is a larger ship and there are more people to attend too. How was your experience on Pride?

Room service seemed ok to me, but we only ordered coffee and tea in the mornings and didn't do anything else. As for a cold breakfast, do you mean on the last day (aka Debarkation Day)? If so, we had a full breakfast selection on Pride last Sunday...all options were available, including breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana!

Driving to Baltimore to embark Pride is a pretty easy option. We live between Bmore and DC, so our drive to the port is 30 mins and therefore I can't help you with Stay & Park recommendations. There are plenty of threads that talk about though!

We were also on the Pride last week and our experience with room service for breakfast was a fiasco! We wanted a light breakfast before we got off the ship at Grand Turk. The night before, we filled out the breakfast room service card indicating we would like delivery between 7:30 am - 8:00 am. We waited until 8:15 am and there was NOTHING. We ended up running up to the Lido for a quick bite so we could get off the ship in time for an excursion at 9:00 am.

We generally ate breakfast on the Lido and it was all good. The breakfast at the Sea Day Brunch was OK and we enjoyed a hot, sit-down breakfast in the dining room before debarkation on the last day. (The dining room is open until 8:30am that day and debarkation does not begin until 9:30 -10:00 am.)

Thanks for the reply, we tried room service, Lido deck and dinning room breakfast on the Breeze and really the only one that was enjoyable was the dinning room. Guess it pretty much the same. Can't let that stop me, can't wait to see everyone complete reviews. How is the CD? On Breeze we had Mike and Mikey and they seem to be everywhere you looked. None stop excitement!

Thanks for the reply, we tried room service, Lido deck and dinning room breakfast on the Breeze and really the only one that was enjoyable was the dinning room. Guess it pretty much the same. Can't let that stop me, can't wait to see everyone complete reviews. How is the CD? On Breeze we had Mike and Mikey and they seem to be everywhere you looked. None stop excitement!

We had Steve Knisley last week. He did a pretty good job, despite being Canadian! Haha, I keed! Every event I attended that he MC'd he did a good job, and I was impressed by his ability to change his outfits to match the activity (ex. he was in full tux for dinner on Elegant Night, then we saw him later in shorts and flip flops for a deck party). He was also very good about keeping us apprised of any changes to the schedule. His underlings were less than good though.