Just off Pride 23 October Sailing...Questions?

swodog94

Our room service was great on this cruise.. I think it just depends on who's delivering it.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Lido for dinner..Otherwise(breakfast, lunch), it was great. We chose not to eat in the MDR after the first night and eating after 6pm was hit or miss. We ended up with a lot of pizza.

Debarkation was a breeze..we had FTTF and we were in our car at 9:35am.

Our room service was great on this cruise.. I think it just depends on who's delivering it.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Lido for dinner..Otherwise(breakfast, lunch), it was great. We chose not to eat in the MDR after the first night and eating after 6pm was hit or miss. We ended up with a lot of pizza.

Debarkation was a breeze..we had FTTF and we were in our car at 9:35am.

BellaSweet, where did you wait for debarkation? I was wondering how many floors I would have to carry luggage down to get to Deck A. You had FTTF I see and I was wondering if Diamond/Platinum were in there, too. Before the gangway incident, we waited in The Red Frog Pub and walked straight off the ship. If you know where Platinums wait, it would help me out on my packing for Sunday's cruise. I'm typically an over packer, but I also love getting off the ship ASAP when it's over. I'll lighten up if I have to for self assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

BellaSweet, where did you wait for debarkation? I was wondering how many floors I would have to carry luggage down to get to Deck A. You had FTTF I see and I was wondering if Diamond/Platinum were in there, too. Before the gangway incident, we waited in The Red Frog Pub and walked straight off the ship. If you know where Platinums wait, it would help me out on my packing for Sunday's cruise. I'm typically an over packer, but I also love getting off the ship ASAP when it's over. I'll lighten up if I have to for self assist.

We had to wait in the Butterfly Lounge, deck 1. So we had one flight of stairs to go down. Diamond and Platinum were also in there with us. I'm not sure if that is always the plan though..the crew seemed very confused and there was lots of walkie-talkie back and forth convos.

We had to wait in the Butterfly Lounge, deck 1. So we had one flight of stairs to go down. Diamond and Platinum were also in there with us. I'm not sure if that is always the plan though..the crew seemed very confused and there was lots of walkie-talkie back and forth convos.

Thanks. This is helpful. I can handle a suitcase down one flight. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks......... Elegant night(s) are which nights?

There are two Elegant Nights on a 7 day cruise. The first is traditionally on your first sea day. In our case, since we departed on Sunday, Elegant Night was the next night (Monday). That seems to be the night when everyone who's gonna dress up, does it. It's also the night of the Captain's Toast. The second is later during the week (Friday) and not as many people dress up. I'm scanning our Funtimes tonight and I'll attach them to my review...they'll list the Elegant Nights.

We had Steve Knisley last week. His underlings were less than good though.

That's a bit of an understatement.

We went to a few trivia games and more than one of the "Fun Crew" totally mangled the questions---and they were native English speakers! Also, the raffle draw for the prize for the Clue game was a fiasco! None of the "Fun Crew" seemed to know what to do and kept everyone waiting almost an hour after it was supposed to have taken place.

Unfortunately, the blame for the mediocre "Fun Crew" has to go to the CD. The buck stops with him.

I was on this cruise and didn't have an issue with the trivia I attended. Also I think the issue with the clue game was that the last clue was not given earlier in the day like it was supposed to.

Edited by minni323

We had Steve Knisley last week. He did a pretty good job, despite being Canadian! Haha, I keed! Every event I attended that he MC'd he did a good job, and I was impressed by his ability to change his outfits to match the activity (ex. he was in full tux for dinner on Elegant Night, then we saw him later in shorts and flip flops for a deck party). He was also very good about keeping us apprised of any changes to the schedule. His underlings were less than good though.

Awsome to hear, Thanks for the information.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Does anyone remember what type of deck parties they had on board? I understand from a previous cruiser they had a "white" night. Someone from our roll call on another social media site wants to know if they had an 80's rock party. Also what were the shows like?

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone remember what type of deck parties they had on board? I understand from a previous cruiser they had a "white" night. Someone from our roll call on another social media site wants to know if they had an 80's rock party. Also what were the shows like?

Sorry for the delayed response! There are deck parties almost every day. On Embarkation Day there is the Sailaway Party after the Safety Brief/Muster while you get underway. There was an 80's party on the Lido one night...it was a good time, especially if (like me) the 80's was "your" decade! Also, the Cruise Director did a great job getting folks to play along. I didn't see anything about a "white" party, but we didn't go to the dance club on this cruise.