Please some suggestions on Costa Maya

lele100

We will becoming to Costa Maya on the Carnival Magic and will be in port only till 2 pm. I was wondering if there are any beaches, pools, bars with music around the port area? With so little time at port I don't see us going to a beach where we would have to take a cab to. Thank you for suggestions.

We will becoming to Costa Maya on the Carnival Magic and will be in port only till 2 pm. I was wondering if there are any beaches, pools, bars with music around the port area? With so little time at port I don't see us going to a beach where we would have to take a cab to. Thank you for suggestions.

I believe the cruise ship pier has a swimming pool, bars and restaurants.

I have been reading up on Costa Maya beaches and things to do for the past week. It seems that the beaches and downtown area shuttle are $3pp each way or a cab $5 each way to the general tourist area, a little bit more the further north or south you go.

You have a choice of DIY beaches or AI packages but if your ship leaves at 2 pm the DIY would seem more appropriate. I did read somewhere that the port itself has a pool etc like a pp mentioned but I would imagine that gets quite crowded?

I've never been but I'm looking forward to seeing this new port in January myself. We will be going to Blue Kay for the day (our ship departs at 4 but still won't do the AI).

Have fun!