Obstructed View - Dawn & Jewel

sweetp12

We are looking at a 15 night cruise on the jewel and wondering if anyone can say how obstructed the view is. The agent is suggesting cabin 8134.

I know the dawn is virtually identical so if anyone has staid in one (photos even better) I would love to know what it was like.

We had an OV on the Pearl and loved it - but really concerned that on the jewel you are just looking at the white on the boats.

We would be happy if part of the window had sky, or even better just some posts etc. A window pretty much fully covered by boat is not ideal for us.

My partner and I had cabin 8129 on pacific jewel which is an obstructed view cabin. The view is great especially because when we were at Port they used our boats as tenders so our view at Port was great

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just back on the Jewel and I "peeked" in the restricted cabins on the last day when they were open and being cleaned. Most seemed to have a view over the top of the lifeboats while some could see between them with some superstructure in the way. Windows weren't completely blocked. :)

• 4 weeks later...

583740410_cabin81342.jpg.07f9ceb797fc057e17368a9e794c8bc6.jpgHi just got back this morning and crept in and took a photo of cabin 8134 while they were cleaning and getting it ready for a new group. Not sure how to post a picture but will try. If you double click on the pictures they get bigger.

My suggestion would be to just ask for a "Guaranteed OV" and then there is every chance you would be given an upgrade. Did this last Dec and was given an OI cabin and friends were given one on Deck 9. You can't be downgraded so what is there to lose. There are not that many OV cabins on the Jewel. Around 36 I think.

Good luck

1410368417_cabin8134.jpg.20738503f4c55e1f0a4cba9951531c9d.jpg

Thanks so much for sneaking in to take the photo!!!! I really appreciate it. We have been given 8103 which is one of the accessible obstructed cabins. We spend lots of time in the cabin due to the hubbys mobility issues so having the larger cabin will be great. I think we may have two windows? Hopefully we will be able to see something through one of them!!! Seeing the lifeboat like this will be fine, it will let in some light.

Thanks again and I hope you had a fabulous time :)