Everglades Safari Tour - Post Cruise

JBoshears

Has anybody done this? Is it worth it?

We are staying in Miami the day we debark and thought this might be a fun way to end the cruise. We can't check into our hotel until 3:00 PM.

Any quick reviews on this tour?

Thanks,

Jennifer

I did an excursion from the ship which included a bus ride through Miami with a narration about the city, an airboat ride in the Everglades and an exhibit of alligators and gator wrestling. You got to hold a small gator also. After the ride and the wrestling you could walk through the area and see more gators, grab a bite to eat or shop in the gift shop. We were taken to the airport after the tour. I know there are others you can take if you are staying in the area. I found it very interesting and my grandaughter (7yrs) really liked it.

I would recommend it if you have never been in the Everglades. The airboat ride was really neat.

My husband and I are thinking of doing that next year. How did they handle your luggage when you got off the ship and onto the tour? Also do you remember what time the tour started and what time they dropped you at the airport?

Thanks ;)

We did the everglades tour and transfer.You have to collect your luggage when you get off the ship and then take it out to the coaches that are waiting outside. We were off between 7.45 and 8am.and were dropped at the airport at about 1-1.30pm. Do not forget to collect your luggage. When we arrived at the airport a couple were without their luggage because they hadn't collected it as they came through from the ship!

We did the everglades tour and transfer.You have to collect your luggage when you get off the ship and then take it out to the coaches that are waiting outside. We were off between 7.45 and 8am.and were dropped at the airport at about 1-1.30pm. Do not forget to collect your luggage. When we arrived at the airport a couple were without their luggage because they hadn't collected it as they came through from the ship!

Thank you very much for the information. I was not sure if all the tours are done the same as far as luggage going too..

I will remember my luggage.:D

We want to do an everglades excursion too, but our problem is that the only day we can do it is in the middle of our back to back on the NOS. We wont have time at the end as we have too tight a schedule.

I was wondering will timings allow for us to do the everglades trip finishing at the airport and then just getting a taxi back to miami port........ in time to embark for the 2nd week of our holiday.

I have looked but there are no trips that start and finish directly at the port, they are all geared up for people finishing their cruise and needing to go to the airport.

Any advise would be really appreciated.:)

PS is this also a good way to ensure that you disembark the ship early!! presume you need to request 'early tags' for your luggage! luckily if we manage this trip we wont have any luggage too worry about.....

We want to do an everglades excursion too, but our problem is that the only day we can do it is in the middle of our back to back on the NOS. We wont have time at the end as we have too tight a schedule.

I'm in the same boat, only going on the Enchantment... been kicking around the idea of just buying transfers and going to the ship with everyone coming from the airport... not sure if it'd work, though. I guess if all else fails there's taxis.

The idea of going on a normal excursion and then travelling back from the airport was suggested by TrentS [a wealth of info on the hotels and miami section as I posted on it, and mentioned about trying to sort out an everglades trip from Miami].

I think it would be OK to do as they state approx 6hrs for most trips and state that those with flights before 1.30pm [think thats the time] cannot do the trip... so my logic is that allowing for delays if we arrive at the airport for around 2.30pm, that gives us plenty of time if say we have to be back on the ship for 4pm:confused:

Obviously though I thought it would be nice to hear from anybody who has done the trip and if they think it would be feasible to get back from the airport to the port in time.........:)

Also would we need to queue up to get back on the ship, or is there a dedicated entrance for existing passengers? Another concern is that don't they sometimes ask ALL passengers and staff to disembark and go through customs as a formality between cruises? If this is so, would we be able to do the trip and then pass through customs on our return and if so would we need to take all our paperwork? OOH MY HEAD HURTS AM I MAKING MORE PROBLEMS????:eek:

I dont know if I would use the transfers - anyway would they not only be available for 'new' travellers? A taxi is about $20 according to others who post here. There will only be 3 of us so can fit in one taxi.

Let me know how you get on, or indeed what you decide!!:D

ruth1964: I did some checking in to the situation with back-to-back cruises, and emailed the shore excursion department. I got a reply this morning, and this is what it read:

"Back-to-back cruise not a problem. Book the tour you want. Once on board the ship, please speak with the shorex staff, as they have to make arrangements for your return to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and tours!"

So I guess it isn't a problem. Also, from what I understand passengers would need to disembark and re-sign-in anyway, so I guess that would just happen when you returned from the tour.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for that information Jessi T, looks as if it can be done then - I know my partner wants to go on an air boat and this is possibly the only chance he'll get!!

Have you booked via the RC internet site, or will you do it once you get on board?

:)

I usually like to book my excursions online - that way I know whether or not they're available, and whether or not I got a spot on them. This time I think we're going to book this one onboard... for one because we have to go to the desk anyway, and also because we're a bit torn between taking the tour and enjoying the empty ship ;). We're going over Christmas (week before and week of) so it might be the only time we'll get near the pool!

Jessi T - I have booked one trip on line, but thought this one might be better to book in person on the ship to make the enquiries about returning to the ship directly - will have to make a decision soon though.....

Smoothdancer - I cant get the link to the photo to open, it takes me direct to the main registration page............ also did you take the trip and then go to the airport - if it was to Miami what time did you get there?

Thanks, Ruth1964.:)

Archived