Live from the Reflection 11-5 to 11-12-2016

seadog67

Dude you knocked this review outta the park!

I'd say hopefully you had a good trip, but as we all felt like we were right there with you, it's pretty evident you had a great trip! Thanks again for the live review and safe travels on your return home.

Slainte [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dude you knocked this review outta the park!

I'd say hopefully you had a good trip, but as we all felt like we were right there with you, it's pretty evident you had a great trip! Thanks again for the live review and safe travels on your return home.

Slainte [emoji482]

Thanks jryan! We sure did have a great time. Sad it is over but also glad to be heading home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So even though we are not enamored with musical shows on cruises we attended Elysium tonight in the Reflection Theater.

6606c6483e31b071325bc28a94961499.jpg

The music reminded me of Electric Light Orchestra style music. Here are a few snippets

https://vimeo.com/191238900

https://vimeo.com/191239007

2b56e1b878c3acb437a4a4e320a65a82.jpg

We gave it a 6 outta 10 Oscars, sometimes the music did not seem to fit the theme otherwise it was enjoyable.

Seadog67 thank you so much I have looked forward to reading your review each night. We are lucky enough to be going on the Refelection the 1st week of December, and also

going out of Rome next May.

We now have lots of info for our planning, hope you have a safe trip home.

Thanks! Have a great time on your trips!

We found this art on deck 10 aft stairwell landing and named this poor lady the lost soul, she did not even have a description and just looked lost and out of place.

df774e7fda3d440e03d34a2bb09c4f4f.jpg

Just thought it was funny and wanted to give her some love! Funny love but love none the less :)

Edit -and look at the picture she had to stand next to :)

Edited by seadog67

Well we need to complete our packing and get our bags out so we are going to close out day 7 and prepare for the trek home tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who followed, checked in or just got enjoyment during the week. We'll have some update during disembarkation and travel home to close this trip out.

I hope over the following week to put together a video overview of the trip and if I can will post that when finished.

Good Night Cruise Critics!

Edited by seadog67

very very very enjoyable posts, thanks for all of the info its going to make our cruise that much better!!

Well we need to complete our packing and get our bags out so we are going to close out day 7 and prepare for the trek home tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who followed, checked in or just got enjoyment during the week. We'll have some update during disembarkation and travel home to close this trip out.

I hope over the following week to put together a video overview of the trip and if I can will post that when finished.

Good Night Cruise Critics!

Edited by Jewelfine

Thanks for a great review! My mother, sister and niece were on board this sailing, and this was the next best thing to being there with them! And I am especially excited for our first sailing on Reflection next year. Thanks again, and safe travels home!

Just adding my 2cents...I am also aboard and this has been one fabulous cruise! The crew is absolutely outstanding and the cruise director and assistant are so so so much fun! I'm crying about having this come to an end tomorrow :( All of you who are sailing soon will not be disappointed!! Kudos to seadog for documenting this fantastic week!!

Edited by Travel Pat

Might not look impressive but I was able to play world of tanks multiplayer on my PS4 (which I brought along and played after we were done for the evening) with little latency and even 2 min videos loaded in at max 2 mins

9a304611d187509b2ec67eacc5afc5d9.png

Wow! Surprised at the upload speed and the latency!

Thanks for a great review! My mother, sister and niece were on board this sailing, and this was the next best thing to being there with them! And I am especially excited for our first sailing on Reflection next year. Thanks again, and safe travels home!

You are welcome and thank you for the kind words! I am sure your family had a blast as you will!

Perhaps one of the more enjoyable trip summaries I have ever read on CC. 9.5 out of 10 Oscars. (If I was there, it would have been a 10.). Thank you.

Awesome schmenge! YES I have my first Oscar... I would like to thank my wife and family for helping me win....oh it is not that kind of Oscar ..sorry :)

Just adding my 2cents...I am also aboard and this has been one fabulous cruise! The crew is absolutely outstanding and the cruise director and assistant are so so so much fun! I'm crying about having this come to an end tomorrow :( All of you who are sailing soon will not be disappointed!! Kudos to seadog for documenting this fantastic week!!

Well said Pat! I agree 1000% it was a great week on Reflection!

So sorry to see this review end we are not back onboard Reflection until next August but this week thanks to your great posts we have been onboard with you well done Seadog and safe journey home.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much Davie! Thanks for following all week! Have a blast in August!

Wow! Surprised at the upload speed and the latency!

Yes it was surprisingly good. Let me clarify what my ratings on the internet mean for newer cruisers.

When I said it was really good and improved, I am comparing it to other cruise lines/ships we have been on and not necessarily at home broadband. If you look at my NCL Gem cruise report or NCL Breakaway or RCL Freedom of the Seas and I compare Reflection Service to the those, Reflection was easily 15-20 time better as relates to uploading pictures and videos.

Just as little as a year ago on those ships, uploading a single picture took upwards of 2-3 minutes and sometimes they would perpetually load and hangup, and forget loading a video.

So comparing that to the quality of service we found on RCL Quantum of the Seas (still the best wifi service we have experienced) and now on Reflection, there is no comparison. Pics loaded in at max 5-10 seconds and videos at max for a 15-20 second video 30 seconds to a minute to upload.

However comparing the service on Reflection to home broad band you will notice it is much slower.

Just want anyone to understand where my favorable rating was coming from, so they are not disappointed comparing it to home quality.

Good Morning Cruise Critics, welcome to Disembarkation Day from aboard the..well you know :)

We were awoke about 4:20 to the rumble of the thrusters turning Reflection in the Turning Basin. It was so pronounced and long I looked for the coin slot on the side of the bed :) one may need to be of a certain age to get that reference..

So up and attem we were..

Hello once again Miami..still looking fine!

87fae39a66dc5eb2b923812025fca95c.jpg

I am going to miss the early morning serenity of the ship

ee586b14f27ceff934b3e2d6f215433c.jpg

f61b9e97ad071560740708da299b9433.jpg

dd257e2eabd43948bb8f5b8657922638.jpg

Edited by seadog67

Thanks for taking me along...I am excited for our travels on the Reflection in March. I had a little pit in my stomach this morning as I knew the sailing was coming to an end...just as I feel when it is my sailing...ready to go home and not ready for it to end. Safe travels

Thanks for taking me along...I am excited for our travels on the Reflection in March. I had a little pit in my stomach this morning as I knew the sailing was coming to an end...just as I feel when it is my sailing...ready to go home and not ready for it to end. Safe travels

Thank you misha! You hit it exactly, we are sad to go but at the same time now ready to be home :)