Live from the Reflection 11-5 to 11-12-2016

seadog67

Seadog, I caught this thread rather late. We sail on Reflection 11/26. I want to thank you so very much for all the information you posted. I've been on CC for years and have never found a more informative or enjoyable post. Thank you for all your time and energy that you put into this.

Seadog, this has to be the best and most informative review I have read on CC. Thank-you for all your efforts!!

One follow-up if you have a moment. Can you elaborate a bit on the process of using the Celebrity transfer to MIA please? Did you get to pick your departure time? I assume you still had to claim your luggage and go through immigration or is there a shortcut? How do they manage to keep all of you together? I know you left the ship at 7:40, what time did you arrive at the airport?

Thanks in advance!

Wow and wow!!

Just booked my first cruise on Celebrity and well you know which ship...

Came to CC to look for some reviews and info. Found yours, now don't need to read any others! Such a fair, thorough, fabulous review jam packed with all the need to knows!

Can't wait to sail on her in March!

A thousand thank you's...:D

Seadog, this has to be the best and most informative review I have read on CC. Thank-you for all your efforts!!

One follow-up if you have a moment. Can you elaborate a bit on the process of using the Celebrity transfer to MIA please? Did you get to pick your departure time? I assume you still had to claim your luggage and go through immigration or is there a shortcut? How do they manage to keep all of you together? I know you left the ship at 7:40, what time did you arrive at the airport?

Thanks in advance!

Firstly, I apologize for not getting back to thank everyone for the nice comments, they are all appreciated. Sometimes taking a week or more off causes way more work upon returning home and then throw in a Holiday, well you know how that goes.. but thanks again to everyone who commented!

As far as the transfer to Mia. We booked through the concierge so I do not know if my experience is the same as booking say at the Guest Services. Upon booking we received tags for our luggage for the 7:40 disembark, and yes you need to collect your luggage in the terminal and go through customs with it. Looking at the time stamp on my photos we were at the airport by 8:10. The bus dropped us off at a back section lot that had 2 dedicated luggage drop offs. So we did not have to go into the terminal to check our luggage. This took about 20 mins due to 2 buses letting out together.

Keep in mind this was the American Air terminal and I cannot say if other terminals offer this dedicated checkin section.

So we waited outside for a bot then headed into security which took about 20-25 minutes on this day. We got to our gate about 9:25 or so for our 12:15 flight.

Given the experience I would do the transfer again and I believe there are at least 3 departure times. Keep in mind I think the later in the morning it gets it will get busier and longer to get through immigration, so keep that in mind compared to your flight time.

Hope this helps and have an awesome time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly, I apologize for not getting back to thank everyone for the nice comments, they are all appreciated. Sometimes taking a week or more off causes way more work upon returning home and then throw in a Holiday, well you know how that goes.. but thanks again to everyone who commented!

As far as the transfer to Mia. We booked through the concierge so I do not know if my experience is the same as booking say at the Guest Services. Upon booking we received tags for our luggage for the 7:40 disembark, and yes you need to collect your luggage in the terminal and go through customs with it. Looking at the time stamp on my photos we were at the airport by 8:10. The bus dropped us off at a back section lot that had 2 dedicated luggage drop offs. So we did not have to go into the terminal to check our luggage. This took about 20 mins due to 2 buses letting out together.

Keep in mind this was the American Air terminal and I cannot say if other terminals offer this dedicated checkin section.

So we waited outside for a bot then headed into security which took about 20-25 minutes on this day. We got to our gate about 9:25 or so for our 12:15 flight.

Given the experience I would do the transfer again and I believe there are at least 3 departure times. Keep in mind I think the later in the morning it gets it will get busier and longer to get through immigration, so keep that in mind compared to your flight time.

Hope this helps and have an awesome time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, seadog,

Thanks so much for such an awesome and thorough review!

Seriously you deserve a comp for your review. Are you listening, =X=? :D

We're on the same itinerary 17 December. Someone on our roll call posted a link to your fabulous review so no doubt you're getting lots of reads.

Photos, vids, and commentary are outstanding!

And bonus points for posting a photo of your canine kinds! :):):)

Thank you, Seadog, and your wife for her patience while you kept thousands entertained! This has been my favourite review, awesome job, great photos and critiques, can't wait for you to take your next cruise!

Jo

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just popping back in to thank everyone for the kind words and to say I am glad it was enjoyable! I do plan to complete a summary video hopefully before our next cruise LOL, and will post it on here once finished. Hope everyone sailing since and in the future has or had awesome sailings!

Just popping back in to thank everyone for the kind words and to say I am glad it was enjoyable! I do plan to complete a summary video hopefully before our next cruise LOL, and will post it on here once finished. Hope everyone sailing since and in the future has or had awesome sailings!

Hope it will be soon. Thanks again.

• 3 months later...

We are sailing in the Reflection April 8th celebrating our 25th Anniversary on our first cruise. I really enjoy reading thru this post getting an idea of what to look forward to. Is it worth the upgrades for the restaurant and higher drink packages? Thank you-CC

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both of these answers are my perspective, as you could get numerous answers based on the respondent...

1) Restaurant upgrade - we had good food in the MDR for dinner and normally good options. Wasn't always the quickest or the best meal we've ever had, but it was fine. That being said, some might feel the extra cost (and we did it twice) to go to one of the optional restaurants is worth it. They pay more attn to you, quality is better but some might disagree that its worth the extra cost. We did Murano (it was our anniversary, hence this was why we went here) and had a fantastic meal, to me, worth the upcharge. And we got a very nice bottle of wine too, and some may not want to spend extra on that. We also did the Porch and had great steaks, which were better than what we had in the MDR. Again, some may not want to spend the extra up charge.

2) higher drink packages - how much do you drink? You can probably do the math to see if its worth it. And, don't forget the coffee drinks (if you drink coffee) or the soft drinks/flavored waters. If you don't drink much, probably not worth it. If you do, definitely worth it.

Enjoy your trip and happy anniversary