Alcove on Reflection port or sea day?

auggiemom

I would like to surprise my Mom with an Alcove. I was thinking of doing it for the San Juan port day as we are not going to get off the ship instead of a sea day. Any pros or cons other than saving 50.00?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We've had an Alcove on past cruises twice for the San Juan day. You get the cheaper rate of $99 even though you don't arrive in San Juan until the afternoon.

Occasionally when you are out at sea, it might be windy. If it's too windy you might not be able to have the cover open. But this could happen on a sea or port day depending on the weather.

I would say go for it!

themutis makes a good point about the wind and I would add that San Juan is an easy on/off port if you want to do some quick shopping. Also, port days are usually less crowded on the lawn so it makes it even more relaxing.

Just had an alcove on the Reflection during the last European cruise before its Transatlantic. We were having a hard time deciding if we wanted a sea or port day. At the end we went for a sea day as it is much more entertaining watching the ocean going by. Even though, yes they face the grass, you can still see the scenery all around you. Also, people walking past or hanging out on the grass was not bothersome, nor that plentiful. I personally would book a sea day over a port day.