Samsung Cell Phones

Lmack

I just received a telephone call from our TA regarding a notice she just received from RCCL regarding the fact that RCCL (all Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, & Azamara) was no longer allowing any Samsung Cell phones, not just the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. I called RCCL and I was informed the policy only applied to the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, and not the Samsung Galaxy 7. Has anyone else heard anything regarding this?

I feel pretty safe that your TA either misheard, misunderstood, or was misinformed.

From the RCI FAQ:

< Back to Safety

Safety

Print This Page

Q: Can I bring my Galaxy Note 7 phone onboard?

A: Royal Caribbean International will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask that guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 not bring the device on your cruise. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.

Link

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

I am on independence at the moment there are signs at security when boarding and a announcement 15 min before muster. About galaxy note 7 banned. The signs at security say that it will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise and the onboard announcement said to contact guest services or security if you have inadvertently brought one onboard. Both says use and charging are not allowed.

Email sent out to Travel Agents today:

spacer.gif

Dear Travel Partner,

We are writing to provide important information regarding Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones. Please provide this information to your clients as soon as possible. Royal Caribbean, Ltd. will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask that guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 not bring the device on your cruise. Thank you for your assistance in notifying and updating your clients about our Samsung Galaxy Note 7 policy. As always, thank you for your ongoing support of our brands.

Sincerely,

Edited by elleluv