Best Beach for Family Pictures

patchofheaven

We really want to take our family photos in Cozumel with their beautiful beaches and that amazing blue blue water in the background.

What is the perfect beach (and not too crowded) to have a little family photo session in Cozumel? We know that we are not going to have the beach to our selves, but are hoping if we get off the ship early enough we won't have to deal with too many people getting in the background. ;)

We really want to take our family photos in Cozumel with their beautiful beaches and that amazing blue blue water in the background.

What is the perfect beach (and not too crowded) to have a little family photo session in Cozumel? We know that we are not going to have the beach to our selves, but are hoping if we get off the ship early enough we won't have to deal with too many people getting in the background. ;)

We did this at Punta Morena! Are you having a photographer?

Great props of shipwreck boat, cross, look-out tower, hammocks, small pool, long open stretches of beach with waves. Great photos with no outside people! You can probably use google images to get an idea.

However, this is on the east coast so need to arrange return transport in advance. We stayed for the day but if ocean swimming is important I would return to one of the usual beach clubs later in the day.

Edited by c-leg5

We did this at Punta Morena! Are you having a photographer?

Great props of shipwreck boat, cross, look-out tower, hammocks, small pool, long open stretches of beach with waves. Great photos with no outside people! You can probably use google images to get an idea.

However, this is on the east coast so need to arrange return transport in advance. We stayed for the day but if ocean swimming is important I would return to one of the usual beach clubs later in the day.

Thank you! Punta Moreno sounds and looks beautiful - from the pictures that I saw. I'm actually the photographer in our family, so at least one shot will be on a tripod/timer. :)

Did you go on a port day for a cruise? Was it part of an excursion or did you hire a cab/driver to take you there from the port?

We have used ToursPlaza many times for our pre-arranged transport (website available) although you can hire a taxi at the port for a 3-4 hour period for less if you know exactly where you want to go. You can also get a taxi to punta Morena from the port and another for return trip but cell phone service on the east side "can" be iffy and I would not want to risk it on a cruise ship day when time is of the essence, so I would either arrange for a taxi to return or have a taxi, or private driver wait for me. Lots of other photo ops, and isolated "rustic" beaches, available on the east coast if you have a driver to take you round the island circle.

If you are taking self-photos and don't know the lay-out of Punta Morena, the rusty old boat is to the left of the main bar area (looking at the ocean) - and the rest of the props are to the right. You can climbed the tower and there are seats - we had photos up there and others taken with the photographer on the ground.

I find the main bar/restaurant rather touristy, with mariachis, shops etc (some people like) but you can have a completely unhassled, and enjoyable day, out on the beach. Of course they expect you to buy food and/or drink as always to use their facilities, but very large beach area without people. Not sure what ages you have in the family but our toddler enjoyed the pool and little water slide.

Edited by c-leg5