ShuttleMate

VK3DQ

Hi Folks

Has anyone used shuttlemate ?

http://www.shuttlemate.com.au

We have booked them for our transfer from Sydney airport to our hotel and from the hotel to OPT

We need something larger than a cab as I now have to use a mobility aid to help with walking and we cannot fit 3 persons luggage and the walker into a standard taxi especially if the Taxi is running on gas and has the ges tank in the boot

I thought the prices were a bit steep but wanted the "luxury" of personal service and assistance with the luggage

Regards

John

Have you done a comparative cost of a maxi taxi from the airport and to the cruise terminal viz a viz your shuttle company.

Hi Folks

No I only compared the fare to that of a regular Taxi , not knowing how or what regarding a maxi taxi in Sydney.

The fare quoted by shuttle Mate was a little less than Royal Limo's quote so Its in the ballpark so to speak but perhaps a tad more than I thought

They get very good reports on Trip Advisor

The main issue for our party was the requirement of being met at the terminal and getting assistance with the luggage (since my back issues have been diagnosed I am NOT allowed to to shove suitcases about :D )

So Shuttle Mate meeting us at the baggage carousal is defiantly a requirement forced on me by the aging process ......:p

So one can expect to pay more than just a taxi ride and if the provide the service I dont begrudge the cost.

But its very interesting to see how we go flying tiger for the first time , I know its bums on seats for one hour Melbourne to Sydney and now they are owned by Virgin they should improve.

But one will always have to be on time and within the weight , but I must say we go a surprising 25kg each and reserved seating with the $105 deal Mel - Syd

So wont mind the cost of a coffee on the way

Best Regards

John