Cancelling before final payment

JJ823

Hi,

Because of my husband's job, we've had to cancel our cruise in 5/2017. We had bought the insurance, which has a "cancel for any reason" clause and final payment isn't until February 2017.

Carnival sent me an email saying we will get our deposit less $50/pp back in the form of a credit for a future cruise.

I have two questions. First, we prepaid gratuities and made a few payments to this cruise already. How will Carnival refund the excess? Will they send me a check or will it go back on the credit cards I used to pay? Any idea how long till I see this refunded? Secondly, when I submit a claim to the Carnival insurance, do I submit it for the entire deposit amount or only the $50/pp? I feel like this is purposefully vague. :(

Thanks for your help. I had searched the forums but haven't found answers to these questions. I'm really bummed about cancelling :(

The refunds for taxes/gratuities/other payments will be issued to the original form of payment.

The balance of the deposit minus the $50 fee will not be applicable to a new deposit, so you'll have to pay the full amount whatever that is when you rebook. The only time I have heard of them applying it to the new deposit is if you cancel and rebook all at the same time.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Carnival will put it back onto the cards you paid with, it doesn't take that long to process, I think the one I cancelled credited back within a week or so. I know it wasn't too long. Insurance will only cover the loss you are out so the $50 pp that Carnival isn't paying, they will pay you. I would call and verify how to fill out the claim form but that is the amount you will receive from them.

Insurance doesn't even come into play.

You are cancelling within the allowed time frame.

The reason why you won't get back 100% of everything paid is because you booked Early Saver.

Early Saver has its own Terms and Conditions

I wouldn't make a claim for the $100 penalty. I'd let it go.

Since you have a future cruise credit good for 2 years and are considering booking another cruise, I would contact the trip insurance company ( I think it's AON) and see how far into the future your coverage extends to if that's an option.

The 3rd part trip insurance company I use has a "770" policy. Meaning I can use the policy for another trip up to 770 days in the future from the cancellation date of a current trip, about 25 months.

Naturally the price of the policy would have to be modified if the price of the future trip were substantially higher or lower.