Room decorations for Christmas cruise

ChipFire

OP: Cover the cabin door with aluminum foil and place a large red or gold foil bow dead center. Done.
I'm loving this idea now I trying to wrap my brain on how to secure the foil with out some sort of tape. Will they fuss with adhesive on the back of the bows? I kinda understand but there really making this hard or maybe I'm just trying to make a big deal out of out Holliday and vacation wrapped in one

If there not fire retardant, I'd leave them home.

Been looking on the web all day, for fire retardant decorations with no luck.

Guess I'll be leaving all my nice Christmas decorations, 12/18

Ginger

I can't wait until the 18 on the pride but I think I'm gonna get some of the clings anyway and maybe stager them out over a few days to see if they take them ? But on x mas eve I'm blinging the clings out at this point the girls only have 2-days left (they just want gifts ) where I was thinking this cruise was there gift:confused:

We are sailing Magic New Year's Eve & I purchased foil cut-out stars in several colors from Oriental Trading. Today, I purchased multi-colored foil garland at Wal-Mart. All items are labeled fire retardant & I'm going to HANG THE TAGS right next to the decorated door!

I usually go all-out decorating my door and have so much fun doing so. This time, it'll be minimally decorated just for my husband's easy identification of our cabin!!!

It wouldn't necessarily be the best thing to do, but if you are really worried about the crew taking something, do not put it out until Christmas eve, or the day before you plan to use it. Put up the do not disturb until after you're finished using whatever items you bring aboard. Then if they take it at that point, it doesn't matter. You've got your use out of it. Again, I would not get anything expensive. What I planned on taking aboard my Christmas cruise cost me only $20 for tree, glass ornaments, a tree topper, a strand of battery operated lights, and the tree skirt - (it's a 12 inch tree). I also will take a couple USB lit trees that you can get at Target to put around the room. When we're not in the room, they will be put up. I also picked up a couple clings that I will put up Christmas eve as well. But if you are really concerned, ask your stewards if it's okay to have those (the clings and things) out since it will be their responsibility to take it.

• 1 year later...