Do You Purchase Welcome Photo

4x4bob

We take the photos, but we wait until the end of the cruise, look at all of them and then pick our favorite.

This time we got one of the formal night ones, and then the one of us going to Cabo was a good picture, so we bought that one.

I am not a very photogenic person, so it can be amusing to see how horrible some of them turn out compared to others. I tend to make weird faces, scrunch my head back, blink, or do weird things with my hands.

Personally the photos are super overpriced, but it's nice to have a photo of us together.

In almost 20 tyears of cruising, we have never purchased one photo. On our first couple of cruises, we thought it was mandatory to have them taken, but then we learned that we didn't have to pose. Since then, we have never posed for photos. Whenever someone with a camera comes by, we simply say 'no thank you'. We have gotten free pictures from the Chef's Table so for those we posed. But we didn't pay for them (well, we paid as part of a 'package' I guess....).

On our first (honeymoon) cruise we thought we might buy a photo, but when we learned they were $20 apiece, we couldn't believe it. We thought it was so overpriced! I shudder to think what they must cost now. We just take our own pictures, or have members of the ship's crew do it for us (waiters, bartenders, etc.).

Do you ever Purchase the Welcome Aboard Photo?

Here is my take on why I will not even bother looking for mine on the photo rack.

You spend hours cooped up on an Air Plane, have to wiggle through crowds to find your luggage in the airport, locate transportation to port, wait in line in the hot sun, and finally clear the check in desk. Then someone sticks a camera in your face and tells you to smile.

My Humble thoughts are, that is no way going to be the best photo of you while on that cruise.

So, do you purchase the welcome aboard photo?

Bob

We always purchase the welcome aboard photo with the friends we are traveling with. It is a great memento for us. We have traveled with several different couples so its fun. I have purchased an 8x10 photo book to keep them in and I always get the one with our itinery on it. We don't buy the formal ones and maybe one port per trip so price isnt too bad.