Transpacific Weather Apr 2017

shack

Anyone been on the mid-April Stdney-NZ-New Guinea-Honolulu transpacific that can give us an idea about the weather for packing purposes? Hard to get weather from open ocean.

Also curious about how many formal nights there are on these 16-day voyages and what alternate dining venues (other than room service) do not require formal wear as we abhor formal wear and pack light. TIA.

Assuming you are asking about Radiance, alternate dinner venues would be Windjammer (buffet) and specialty restaurants Giovanni's, Chops, Izumi, Samba Grill, Rita's Cantina, and Chef's Table.

I have done the Honolulu-Vancouver route twice, both late April. While in the islands of Hawaii the temp warm-hot and seas calm. One day out of Hawaii heading to USA/Canada it was cool-warm. Day 2 forward needed jeans, sweatshirt/hoodie if you wanted to be outside with the winds. Not much use of our balcony for the sea days unless we were dressed warmly.

Even still and wonderful cruise and we hope to do it again some day.

Bev

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

Anyone been on the mid-April Stdney-NZ-New Guinea-Honolulu transpacific that can give us an idea about the weather for packing purposes? Hard to get weather from open ocean.

Also curious about how many formal nights there are on these 16-day voyages and what alternate dining venues (other than room service) do not require formal wear as we abhor formal wear and pack light. TIA.

Did the transpacific on RH two years ago and the weather was warm until Vancouver. If you're only going to Honolulu it should be all tropical. I'm on RA right now on 16 night cruise and 3 formal nights. However the formal nights are not enforced so you don't need a tux or evening gown.

Sent from my R1 HD using Forums mobile app