Tips for Carnival Newbie?

hbooden

So I cruised with my husband on NCL for a 12 night and it was heaven. Cruising on a 4 day on Victory with a girlfriend in 2017 (Key West and Cozumel).

Looking for Tips? I knew on NCl not to miss the chocolate croissants from Room Service for example. What should we make sure to eat? any activities we should make sure to do?

Background - both of us have cruised but never a short Carnival. We are both mom's so not used to being without kids to take care of so looking for some relaxation and no kids events ;):)

Chocolate melting cake at dinner in the main dining room...everyone seems to enjoy that.

I have 7 kids. So when my wife and I can get on a 3-5 day cruise we usually do a lot of nothing. We run like crazy during regular life so vacation isn't jam packed with an itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Jl154

Chocolate melting cake at dinner in the main dining room...everyone seems to enjoy that.

I have 7 kids. So when my wife and I can get on a 3-5 day cruise we usually do a lot of nothing. We run like crazy during regular life so vacation isn't jam packed with an itinerary.

Wow! lol I have 3 so does my friend. Nothing sounds pretty good!!!!

I've read from a lot of reviews that the bitter blanc was great on the deserts was amazing. The must have for us is the escargot... [emoji15] it really is a buttery delight! Also read how even adults alone need to try the dr. Seuss breakfast. Have fun!

Learn how to effectively use the word NO

If you do spa services be prepared for the sales pitch after your massage etc. They will try and sell you tons of products that you really don't need. They are good at trying to push the products.

Also if you are going to a market place on the island you can get trapped easily. It happened to my wife he first cruise. Everyone was "related" and they give you guilt trips about not being able to feed their kids if you don't buy this hand woven purse [emoji23][emoji23]

Just practice it in the mirror... "No, I don't need this skin moisturizer" "No I do not want the genuine Bahamian shell for $10" lol.

So I cruised with my husband on NCL for a 12 night and it was heaven. Cruising on a 4 day on Victory with a girlfriend in 2017 (Key West and Cozumel).

Looking for Tips? I knew on NCl not to miss the chocolate croissants from Room Service for example. What should we make sure to eat? any activities we should make sure to do?

Background - both of us have cruised but never a short Carnival. We are both mom's so not used to being without kids to take care of so looking for some relaxation and no kids events ;):)

Have appropriate expectations for this cruise. It will not be like a 12 night or even a 7 night. DH and I did this run in January (see signature) and it confirmed our suspicion that short cruises are PARTY cruises! Expect lots of drinking, especially now that they have Cheers. This was the only cruise where we had to call security because people we having a hall party (pulled out tables and stools like a southern front porch) at 11:30 at night. I'm all for a good party, but there are plenty of appropriate venues for such a gathering, but one is definitely not the hallway for the cabins. Hubby and I were on a romantic getaway and we couldn't relax and sleep from all the noise. This was the same cruise that the guy next door proposed to end a screaming balcony fight with his girlfriend; the next morning, their door was propped open and security was stationed outside, so heaven only knows what went on up on deck after we went to bed. That said, we still had a wonderful trip - one of our best ever because we aren't afraid to call security to curtail inappropriate behavior, and we got some good laughs from the newly engaged couple.

So, things to do... Try a variety of martin's at Alchemy. Take in tea on your sea day (3-4 pm MDR). Use serenity deck if you want quiet relaxation. And in the evenings, we like comedy club, piano bar, and the 80's show (but the 70's is not good).

In Key West, depending on your mood, pub crawl gets lots of positive reviews. If you are looking more to explore and get the feel of Key West, the hop on/off trolley is the deal We liked Hemingway house, Butterfly garden and just shopping and walking the streets.

In Cozumel, tons of great beaches. We really enjoyed Money Bar - for like $80 we had 4 virgin daiquiris and 4 adult beverages, calamari, tacos and something else. You can get a massage for like $30, it's a short cab ride from the pier, and there is great snorkeling. Not much of a sandy beach because it is on the coral shelf.

Have appropriate expectations for this cruise. It will not be like a 12 night or even a 7 night. DH and I did this run in January (see signature) and it confirmed our suspicion that short cruises are PARTY cruises! Expect lots of drinking, especially now that they have Cheers. This was the only cruise where we had to call security because people we having a hall party (pulled out tables and stools like a southern front porch) at 11:30 at night. I'm all for a good party, but there are plenty of appropriate venues for such a gathering, but one is definitely not the hallway for the cabins. Hubby and I were on a romantic getaway and we couldn't relax and sleep from all the noise. This was the same cruise that the guy next door proposed to end a screaming balcony fight with his girlfriend; the next morning, their door was propped open and security was stationed outside, so heaven only knows what went on up on deck after we went to bed. That said, we still had a wonderful trip - one of our best ever because we aren't afraid to call security to curtail inappropriate behavior, and we got some good laughs from the newly engaged couple.

So, things to do... Try a variety of martin's at Alchemy. Take in tea on your sea day (3-4 pm MDR). Use serenity deck if you want quiet relaxation. And in the evenings, we like comedy club, piano bar, and the 80's show (but the 70's is not good).

In Key West, depending on your mood, pub crawl gets lots of positive reviews. If you are looking more to explore and get the feel of Key West, the hop on/off trolley is the deal We liked Hemingway house, Butterfly garden and just shopping and walking the streets.

In Cozumel, tons of great beaches. We really enjoyed Money Bar - for like $80 we had 4 virgin daiquiris and 4 adult beverages, calamari, tacos and something else. You can get a massage for like $30, it's a short cab ride from the pier, and there is great snorkeling. Not much of a sandy beach because it is on the coral shelf.

Oh wow!!!! Thank you! This is all great advice!!!! [emoji175]

Nachi Cocom Beach Resort is hands down worth the money in Cozumel. We just did it for the first time in October and it was pure heaven! They only let in 100 people a day, so if you decide it's something you want to do be sure to book your reservation in advance on their website. You do have to take a taxi to get to the beach resort (about $20 each way). It's essentially an all inclusive resort with drinks and food, they also offer extras (massage, snorkeling, boat tour, etc). The water is simply gorgeous and you are right on the beach.

Nachi Cocom Beach Resort is hands down worth the money in Cozumel. We just did it for the first time in October and it was pure heaven! They only let in 100 people a day, so if you decide it's something you want to do be sure to book your reservation in advance on their website. You do have to take a taxi to get to the beach resort (about $20 each way). It's essentially an all inclusive resort with drinks and food, they also offer extras (massage, snorkeling, boat tour, etc). The water is simply gorgeous and you are right on the beach.

Totally agree on Nachi Cocum. We've been to Cozumel three times and are going on our fourth in 19 days! The staff, food and drinks are top notch.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just booked the Triumph out of NOLA for two weeks from now. (Have never done it so close to sail date.) It's been awhile since I've cruised Carnival but am really excited too. We were booked on the Louisiane - French America Line - but there was a problem and they had to cancel our cruise....don't worry it's already re-booked. Now looking forward to our Triumph cruise.