Upsell process for non-BA

shark with a laser

I've seen a few recent threads talking about the upsell auction process, but a few have indicated that this is specific to the BA class ships. How are they handling the process for the rest of the ships? The only time I've received an upsell was in 2009, and NCL called 2 weeks before sailing to offer us a forward penthouse instead of the balcony we booked, for an extra $700, and I haven't sailed on NCL or followed the board since my last cruise in 2013.

Back then, the chatter was that NCL would not take incoming calls about upsells, they would only do an upsell if they initiated the call. I've seen hints in recent postings that they might now take incoming calls. So, what's the real scoop? I'm on the Dawn in February in a mini suite. I'll be happy with it, but I'd love a penthouse, but booking it outright right now will double the fare, which I really can't justify. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances for an upsell, assuming there are any penthouses available?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've seen a few recent threads talking about the upsell auction process, but a few have indicated that this is specific to the BA class ships. How are they handling the process for the rest of the ships? The only time I've received an upsell was in 2009, and NCL called 2 weeks before sailing to offer us a forward penthouse instead of the balcony we booked, for an extra $700, and I haven't sailed on NCL or followed the board since my last cruise in 2013.

Back then, the chatter was that NCL would not take incoming calls about upsells, they would only do an upsell if they initiated the call. I've seen hints in recent postings that they might now take incoming calls. So, what's the real scoop? I'm on the Dawn in February in a mini suite. I'll be happy with it, but I'd love a penthouse, but booking it outright right now will double the fare, which I really can't justify. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances for an upsell, assuming there are any penthouses available?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did an upsell from an inside to a forward Haven Penthouse on the Epic last month by calling Upsell 3 days before sailing. I then did an upsell from Forward Penthouse on the Dawn end of this month to the Garden Villa called 27 days out. They always asked did I get an email from them and I answered no but they still offered upsell. I do hear there are plans to roll the bidding out on all ships.