Cruise liner fends off pirate attack (Spirit)

blackbird71

I've never understood the extreme brand loyalty expressed on these boards. It's certainly not limited to Seabourn--just check out the Celebrity board. I've cruised fewer than a dozen times--on Celebrity, Crystal, RSSC and have a Grand Voyage planned on the Spirit next year. These cruiselines are commercial enterprises, they not people (although the crew may be very nice), and their only loyalty to you, the passenger, is to take your money. I come to these boards for useful information in choosing a cruiseline and planning a trip, not for socializing with other posters (some of whom may or may not even be real people--who knows on the internet?). Thus, given my upcoming Spirit trip, an honest, factual discussion of this incident would have been really useful since it impacts on my personal safety and peace of mind.

Thus, given my upcoming Spirit trip, an honest, factual discussion of this incident would have been really useful since it impacts on my personal safety and peace of mind.

Even the first hand reports by passengers are limited to their observations from their particular viewpoint of the incident.Everyone else's observations have been based on the media reports,some of which have been contradictory.

Given some of the provocative postings,the discussion was bound to be sidetracked.

Personally,I would have no concerns for personal safety,and peace of mind,since one result of this recent attack will surely be a reassessment by cruise lines of their security arrangements.

Several threads on this from several days ago on both the Seabourn forum and floataway forum... the guy that has been interviewed so much is a CC member... just check out those forums and you can get alot of info. This will likely be moved there anyway ;)

Archived