Epic T/A - Immigration in San Juan - Shambles

Froggitt

I'm so sorry. I was in the American line, and although it was very long, it went quickly. We had two boarder agents that barely glanced at my passport. I heard it went very, very slow for the crew also, and most of them never got to get off the ship.

Honestly I think the problem is that there were four very large ships that arrived in San Juan that morning and too few boarder agents. Not that I'm excusing them, but I don't think it was NCL's fault. Customs and immigration could do with a better process.

Will be much better next year when the Trump administration takes over:D

I'm an European Union citizen sailing from Miami next May.

Me, wife and daughter are under the Visa Waiver Program.

Do you think we might get those 2-3 hours when we arrive in Miami airport or after our Eastern Caribbean cruide in Miami port to go through Customs/Immigration?

There will always be some kind of line when the ship arrives in the US and thousands of passengers need to get off, but I have not heard about unreasonably long waits for the Escape in Miami.

In the OP's case, all of the passengers were arriving from Europe, and the ship itself had been away from the US for a couple of years. The procedures are the not the same for a ship and passengers that are returning to Miami after just 7 days. (And I have to assume that Miami is better equipped to handle 4 or more ships in port than San Juan, since they do it day in day out…)