Daniels head beach/9 beaches resort

rieann

So i'm doing a little but of preliminary planning for my late may cruise to Bermuda. Daniel's Head beach sounded really great for it's supposed seclusion and for it's proximity to the dockyard. I read a comment on bermuda-attractions.com that the facilities once mentioned are no longer offered due to the 9 beaches resort undergoing renovations. Also, that the beach was not very clean. :\ The 9 beaches resorts website says that they are looking to reopen in 2017, so.. Do you think these facilities will be out in full force with the reopening of the resort? Will this beach still be public with the reopening of the resort? Tell me more about this train that runs to the beach as well :) Thanks in advance!

So i'm doing a little but of preliminary planning for my late may cruise to Bermuda. Daniel's Head beach sounded really great for it's supposed seclusion and for it's proximity to the dockyard. I read a comment on bermuda-attractions.com that the facilities once mentioned are no longer offered due to the 9 beaches resort undergoing renovations. Also, that the beach was not very clean. :\ The 9 beaches resorts website says that they are looking to reopen in 2017, so.. Do you think these facilities will be out in full force with the reopening of the resort? Will this beach still be public with the reopening of the resort? Tell me more about this train that runs to the beach as well :) Thanks in advance!

The resort has been closed for five or so years. Every year it is announced they will reopen the next year. So don't count on it being open in 2017. None of your questions about what will be available when and if they reopen can possibly be answered until the resort reopens if it ever does. As for the train I don't know if they still stop there.

The resort has been closed for five or so years. Every year it is announced they will reopen the next year. So don't count on it being open in 2017. None of your questions about what will be available when and if they reopen can possibly be answered until the resort reopens if it ever does. As for the train I don't know if they still stop there.

LOL, I see.. Thanks for the reply!

• 1 month later...

We went in the summer of 2015. We took a taxi (from Dockyard) in the morning. It was "too secluded" for our liking. No one else was there. There was a small shop that rented out paddle boards and kayaks. (we rented kayaks) There was also a small snack bar place where we bought an ice cream bar. The worker at the snack bar was nice enough to call us a taxi when we were ready to leave. I would only recommend going here IF you are interested in the paddle boards or the kayaking. There are no chairs or umbrellas or rest room facilities. The water was very calm and clear in some areas, not so clear in others. The sand was just ok. I would have much rather spent my time at Horseshoe Bay Beach. There is no comparison !!!