Disney cares about the quality of its service

GrandmaHofmann

I have read comments on here saying that Disney gave them poor service. That has not been my experience. We went on a Halloween cruise during which I was stunned at how poorly the pictures taken by Shutters were printed. The skin tones were way off and many of the pictures were soft. I was glad that I had taken a digital package that I could correct. I emailed Disney and told them that. They personally called me and apologized and refunded half the money of my package even though I told him I was satisfied with the digital pictures. Two years ago we were on a Disney cruise. My grandson spilled his drink and we had nothing to clean it up with. I asked a young female waiter if she would clean it up. She ignored me and finally walked off. I approached the supervisor, and it was cleaned up. I didn't make a big deal of it. I just wanted it mopped up. That night gifts and a note of apology arrived at our door. I was impressed with both experiences that Disney does care about its product.

I couldn't agree more. On our EBTA in May, we had a problem with one crew member who interacted with us in a very unprofessional and decidedly un-Disneylike manner. We brought it to the attention of Guest Services. The next day we received a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries with a note of apology from Guest Services.

Unrelated to that incident, we happened to mention to the Cruise Director that we were celebrating our 50th anniversary. Lo and behold, another plate of delicious strawberries and a very nice note from him.

After we got home we wrote a letter to the president of the cruise line, which we do after every cruise, praising certain crew members who made the trip memorable. We included a very brief comment about the problem we had just to let him know it wasn't 100% rosy. A day or two later we received a call from the president's executive assistant wanting to discuss the problem in more detail. She assured us that the crew member would be addressed and apologized profusely. A few days later we received a very nice gift from her in the mail.

And that is just one more reason why we keep coming back to DCL.

Personally I think that a verbal or written apology should be sufficient to indicate that DCL apologize for substandard Guest interaction or service.

And it is great that they occasionally do extend that apology to a small gift, however, the sincerity of the apology or how much they care about service quality should not be defined by what or how large of a gift you are given, if at all.

ex techie