red stripe beach

Corklou

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what they are currently charging for this but we went to red stripe in March 2015 and loved it. We have small children so just wanted a beach day and that is what we got. Got the first bus there and tipped a worker to bring loungers to a shady location. They have roped off an area of the ocean. Saw workers removing sea urchins from roped off area so guests wouldn't step on them. Life guard was amazing and took daughter out with her go pro to film in area he knew had fish and brought an urchin out for us to see. Jerk chicken was delicious. Fries were soggy. Simple beach day but one of our favorite days of that cruise.

• 1 month later...

We have the Red Stripe Beach excursion booked on our upcoming cruise. When I signed us up, I grabbed the 0900 slot and the excursion lasts 3 hours according to the Royal Caribbean website. Is it really only 3 hours or can we stay at the beach longer? If the shuttles run every 30 minutes, can we catch a later one or are we stuck with the 3 hour time frame? Thanks!

Edited by MinnieMouse18

We went on one of the first couple of busses and stayed until the last couple of busses. It was a lovely small beach perfect for us to relax and the kids to play. Bring cash for tipping and food and chair rentals. The lifeguard was wonderful with our kids so we tipped him. The busses were a bit of a disorganized mess on the way there but it worked out. One of our favorite low key days.

Been to Falmouth before and have done most of the popular tours ; looking to stay around port for a easy day this trip. Considering the short trip to Red Stripe. If any of you go or if anyone has been recently, would appreciate a review. We are sailing late March.

• 3 weeks later...
We went on one of the first couple of busses and stayed until the last couple of busses. It was a lovely small beach perfect for us to relax and the kids to play. Bring cash for tipping and food and chair rentals. The lifeguard was wonderful with our kids so we tipped him. The busses were a bit of a disorganized mess on the way there but it worked out. One of our favorite low key days.

The trip states it is 3 hours with shuttles at 8:30, 9:30 and 10:30. So does that mean the last shuttle back is at 1:30? Can I go from 8:30-1:30? I don't want to go at 8:30 if I have to be back at 11:30.

Also, are chairs included in price??

• 1 month later...

There is music there, but I wouldn't call it terribly loud but it depends where you sit. As you're looking at the ocean, we sat at the far left of the beach and the music was perfect. For us, the last shuttle was 3:30, but we caught the 2pm back so we could do a little shopping in Port before getting back on ship. They run every hour. We loved Red Stripe Beach!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

you can pay for the bus at port it's $29 per person round trip be sure to have correct change they don't have change. You pay $5.00 per chair. Food is $10-12 drinks $5.00 each. They have massages out there too. I don't know price because we just saw the sign before we left. I loved it there very relaxing

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...