Cucumber Martinni

george35

There are many variations for cucumber martinis but I have found the best ones to be recipes which call for Hendricks Gin, which has a natural fruity, cucumber-y aroma.

You should also use fresh cucumber pieces, with skin, muddle them thoroughly to release all the flagrant juices, and in addition to the gin, add a second flavour. Elderflower liqeur or orange liqeurs like Cointreau, 43 or Grand Marnier are often used.

Also use a double-strainer when decanting the cocktail from the shaker in the glass so you dont have too many floating cucumber bits.

There you go, that's all the tips on making cucumber martini's I've picked up from watching many, many, MANY being made while happily seated at the Martini Bar on Celebrity ships :p

Edited by [g]cruiserke

Let me take a different direction-you can buy Cucumber Vodka (made by several brands) and stir it, with ice, and a top off of Dry Vermouth. You can also float a sliced cucumber on top.

I prefer not to shake and I don't care for Gin. The Martini Bar makes a mean one of these, either shaken or stirred.

Not that you asked, but you can also make a Cucumber Saketini. Just replace the Vermouth with your favorite Sake. Make sure you are not driving anywhere after :p