2016 Norwegian Epic / Freestyle Daily (Eastern)

DGP1111

Entertainment

I'm including this picture simply as an additional resource of information.

There was a disclaimer in every Freestyle Daily.

There was a sign on both ends of the Box Office oval.

There was a sign next the wall by Headliners.

There were two full-screen signs at the theatre entrance hallway. [This picture]

There were signs on each of the check-in podiums.

There were signs on the tech booth a few feet beyond the podium.

There were two verbal announcements (four, if you count both English & Spanish) in the theatre prior to show time.

20161118_104556-X3.jpg

I'm told that there are people in every single show who quickly exit and are quite vocal with their displeasure.

While finishing up one meal, a passenger at the neighboring table was complaining about the show content and that NCL should be ashamed of itself for not warning families of the theme.

I know I shouldn't have, but I did.

"Sorry to interrupt, Ms. Keller, but I totally agree. Someone should have informed you."

That person had zero clue who I was . . . until now (is a CC member).

:( I apologize, but at the time I disagreed with the assessment.

I should have stayed silent.

Several people asked in advance that I save and post the new Norwegian Epic 'Freestyle Daily' pages from the first sailing out of Port Canaveral (Nov 12-19).

Thanks sooo much Don, much appreciated!

Have a wonderful time.

Thanks Oliver

I'm told that there are people in every single show who quickly exit and are quite vocal with their displeasure.

While finishing up one meal, a passenger at the neighboring table was complaining about the show content and that NCL should be ashamed of itself for not warning families of the theme.

I know I shouldn't have, but I did.

"Sorry to interrupt, Ms. Keller, but I totally agree. Someone should have informed you."

That person had zero clue who I was . . . until now (is a CC member).

I apologize, but at the time I disagreed with the assessment.

I should have stayed silent.

I first thought that line number 1 was meaning the show was BAD in the acting

than line two told me it wasn't the show but the content....oh well

and DH doesn't care if he goes to any show any night of the cruise but maybe I will sneak this one in on him

anyway thanks for the nice post of info

Epic 11/26/2016

$59.00

And that was a 'story' all in itself. La la la la la la

Bartenders at Posh were fantastic every day, but the two main ones will be heading to vacation rather soon.

LOL! Tell me!! :D I noticed in the dailies it didn't mention for use starting Day 2, like it had in the past. Were you allowed access for sail away?

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

Hey Don,

Hope all is well, had the pleasure of meeting you on the Epic in Feb 2015 on the Western Carib sailing.

Was wondering if you used the internet at all and if the speeds were improved at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Waving!! Hi Rob! I remember you! Fascinating stories at dinner that caused me to laugh so hard I knocked over my wine glass and broke it! :D

Looks like we are going to miss you this year, a handful of us are sailing a couple weeks later than you on the Epic. Bummer!!!

Don, I was going to ask if the menus at the specialty restaurants were the same as in the past or on the other ships. Oh, and did you take any news pics of Posh? Were you in one of the first groups to board as usual?

What's the thermal pass ??

It's includes access to the ship's spa amenities for the week.

From NCL's site: The Thermal Suite is a passage toward ultimate relaxation. Based on the concept of Turkish baths, where friends and family spent the day relaxing, the heat and cleansing therapies of our Thermal Suite experience include heated ceramic lounge chairs, a Thalasso Therapy Pool, hot tubs, steam room, sauna, and tropical rain showers. Different herbal steam and sauna grottos cleanse the body with gentle heat while a therapeutic heated-water pool bubbling effect will wash away stiff and sore joints. Take a dip in the Vitality Pool or enjoy a warm waterfall cascading onto your shoulders. Heated chaise lounges and tropical shower features make this both a relaxing and cleansing experience

Don, I was going to ask if the menus at the specialty restaurants were the same as in the past or on the other ships. Oh, and did you take any news pics of Posh?

Didn't save/scan any of the menu items, as there was no dramatic changes I noticed, minus the already-expected removal of everything lobster.

I did grab a picture on my phone of the new color design of Posh. I'll try to send that to you directly. :)

. . . Was wondering if you used the internet at all and if the speeds were improved at all?

Hey, Rob!!

I did the unlimited internet package, and had pretty good luck with it throughout. Some locations had better signal connection than others, but didn't find any location onboard that was a failure.

I'll just go ahead and post the Posh pic here. I like the new color design to the deck. :)

20161118_115122-XL.jpg

And then this will be one of those 'Just Because' pic postings, as it was a unique experience for me.

There was a wonderful fellow passenger on the backstage tour with me, and early on she asked about the visuals of meat products during that time. She was warned about the butcher stations for beef and poultry, and I chose to stay in the hallway with her during both of those while her partner went on inside (I'd been in there several times, so wasn't missing anything).

Once in the main galley all was going quite splendidly until we rounded one corner, and BAM there it was . . . the start of a great pork offering later in the day. The look on her face was rather horrifying, and I feared there was going to be an issue, but she recovered nicely. I tried to joke and say they were fresh from a haircut at the groomer, and were taking a nap. That didn't help in any way at all.

20161115_000024-XL.jpg

Edited by DGP1111

I'll just go ahead and post the Posh pic here. I like the new color design to the deck.

And then this will be one of those 'Just Because' pic postings, as it was a unique experience for me.

20161115_000024-XL.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I don't tend to get squeamish, but this one is shocking to me for some reason. I guess I didn't realize it was so "fresh"? :eek: I might have to pay and do one of those tours some time. It'll be awhile before I am platinum. LOL