Need Advice

joyce&bob

My husband and I and another couple are booked on the Magic sailing 12/3. Because my husband and I are platinum & our friends are not we booked the 2 wives in one room & the two men in another. The plan was to switch rooms once we boarded the ship. Unfortunately, (medical reasons) our friends my have to cancel. Now we are wondering how we handle cancelling??? My husband and I want to still go on the cruise. Right now he is in one cabin and I in another. Any advise would be appreciated.

A lot depends on how you booked (i.e. early saver) but I agree that if you can put you and DH in one cabin before cancelling the other couple. Might make the insurance claim easier too (if they have travel insurance of course). (This definitely shows the down side of putting people in cabins they won't be in.)

Edited by sparks1093

Regardless of the booking circumstances, I would change my husband over to other cabin before the other couple cancels. If it costs you $50 for name change, then so be it.

This is a very good example of why when we cruise, we meet up with whomever it is on the ship at a designated place (even if we are next door to each other) on the ship once settled in. It works every time perfectly and no stress with having to figure out where everyone is or what time etc. We book and make our own plan and let everyone else do the same, this is exactly the reason why we do not involve ourselves, we learned that its less stressful for us. Our vacations are to eliminate as much stress as possible and this is a biggie when traveling or meeting up with others.

Edited by Drazil65