Any Upsells?

clarkie02360

I called earlier today, all the signature suites are gone (which I was gambling on) and only one Neptune left. I rolled the dice and lost on this one. The question is do I bite the bullet and go with the neptune if its still available? I had an amazing upsell to a neptune a few years ago, so I know first hand what an awesome cabin it is.

I called earlier today, all the signature suites are gone (which I was gambling on) and only one Neptune left. I rolled the dice and lost on this one. The question is do I bite the bullet and go with the neptune if its still available? I had an amazing upsell to a neptune a few years ago, so I know first hand what an awesome cabin it is.

How does an upsell work? I thought you just had to wait for them to call you. If I were to call them, would they still give me a reasonable price or would they just offer the suite at the going rate? I am on the NA 12/18 sailing and according to various cruise websites, when you do a mock booking, there are still lots of neptune suites available. I would love an upsell but just assumed if I called them, they would only offer it to me for the going rate. Am I wrong?

How does an upsell work? I thought you just had to wait for them to call you. If I were to call them, would they still give me a reasonable price or would they just offer the suite at the going rate? I am on the NA 12/18 sailing and according to various cruise websites, when you do a mock booking, there are still lots of neptune suites available. I would love an upsell but just assumed if I called them, they would only offer it to me for the going rate. Am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong. If there are many Neptunes still available there's a good chance you'll be contacted. On my last HAL cruise there were many Neptunes available through Mock bookings..I was offered two rounds of Upsells, The first 22 days prior to cruise, which I declined. Then 5 days later was offered another upsell that I accepted. In my case for the 12/11 sailing I'm on, I thought there were a few Sig. Suites left, however they all went today. There must have been many Guarantee's on that cabin, hence no upsell & a sell out. So I called to see what the availability of Neptunes were, and was told there is only one left at the going rate. Doing a mock booking on the Neptunes show Guarantee only. My guess it will be a sellout shortly too. It's a crap shoot with upsells. My advice if there's a cabin you really want and it's in your price range go for it.

No, you are not wrong. If there are many Neptunes still available there's a good chance you'll be contacted. On my last HAL cruise there were many Neptunes available through Mock bookings..I was offered two rounds of Upsells, The first 22 days prior to cruise, which I declined. Then 5 days later was offered another upsell that I accepted. In my case for the 12/11 sailing I'm on, I thought there were a few Sig. Suites left, however they all went today. There must have been many Guarantee's on that cabin, hence no upsell & a sell out. So I called to see what the availability of Neptunes were, and was told there is only one left at the going rate. Doing a mock booking on the Neptunes show Guarantee only. My guess it will be a sellout shortly too. It's a crap shoot with upsells. My advice if there's a cabin you really want and it's in your price range go for it.

Thank you so much!!! That info helps a lot and I guess I'll just continue to impatiently WAIT!! I'm happy with my 8th deck balcony but when I saw how many Neptunes were still available, it would be an extra added bonus to get an upsell call if the price is as reasonable as others have said on the boards.