Parasailing on Castaway Cay

cruzergirl

Howdy,

My husband has done the parasailing excursion and it was fantastic!!!

As far as time goes it doesnt really make much difference. But if you go in the summer when it's the hottest you may want to go early and if it's winter ( which is not cold), but is cooler in the mornings, maybe the afternoon would be the best so it would be warmer.

It's is very close to the ship, maybe 2 minutes walk, if that.

When my husband went they had a hard time getting the chute to go up, for about 20 minutes, which does happen from time to time, they just needed to go a different direction so the wind hit differently. But then the guides wanted to make up the time, so each person was reeled out to the full height and then brought back down, maybe 4 minutes tops. You are told 5 to 7 minutes air time for your money. One older lady sitting next to my husband was timing them and when her turn came she told them, I paid for 5 to 7 minuted and I'd better get my full time!!!! She got the full 7 mnutes and everyone else felt they had been had. So if you have a little trouble getting started, sit back and time a couple of people before going and dont be afraid to speak up to get your entire time. You pay for it,so make sure you get it.

But it is definately worth the money to do it according to my husband. I was too cowardly to try. I stayed on deck 10 and video taped him and then met him afterwards.

hope this helps some,

mom x4,grandma x4

My daughter and I are doing parasailing on the 12/17 cruise and I was wondering where the best place would be for my wife to get pictures/video of us. I would hate to have to tell her to go all the way back to the ship.

Anyone have any ideas?

Unfortunately you go out a ways and the ship can actually block the view from land part of the time. The only way we knew to get my husbands picture was looking through binoculars on deck 10 for his color of clothing. Then we started the cam corder. It is very hard to get someone's picture doing this, even from the ship. Others were doing the same thing as me on deck 10. It just depends on how far out they take you, which depends a lot on the wind. We will be on 12/17 Magic too.

Do you think Cozumel will be ok for us to stop at by then? Most seem to think not.

mom x4,grandma x4

Unfortunately you go out a ways and the ship can actually block the view from land part of the time. The only way we knew to get my husbands picture was looking through binoculars on deck 10 for his color of clothing. Then we started the cam corder. It is very hard to get someone's picture doing this, even from the ship. Others were doing the same thing as me on deck 10. It just depends on how far out they take you, which depends a lot on the wind. We will be on 12/17 Magic too.

Do you think Cozumel will be ok for us to stop at by then? Most seem to think not.

mom x4,grandma x4

My opinion, is that DCL will skip Coz for a while. Just in case, I booked an ruins excursion on Costa Maya.

We didnt book any excursions for Cozumel, just in case. if we go to another port I'm sure we will be able to sign up on the ship if needed. If it's full we will just explore on our own, where ever we end up.

Your smart to book the ruins on Costa Maya just in case. That is something we would enjoy too. We are going back on the western next year, so what ever we miss this year, we will do next year.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived