Cafe Select Coffee Card

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see these cards available to purchase in advance on the cruise planner. Does anyone know if they can be purchased on board as well? I plan to buy one in advance, but if we go through it quickly, I might want to buy another. Also, does it use one of your punches for each drink, or do they use two punches for the large size drinks that take 2 shots of espresso?

We just got back from the empress a couple weeks ago. The punch card was a great buy for us. They are easily purchased and used. I don't see a need to pre purchase them as they are the same price on board. You can always buy another one if you need it

I never had anyone use more than one punch if I ordered a large drink or if I asked for an extra shot. But that seems to be YMMV

I see these cards available to purchase in advance on the cruise planner. Does anyone know if they can be purchased on board as well? I plan to buy one in advance, but if we go through it quickly, I might want to buy another. Also, does it use one of your punches for each drink, or do they use two punches for the large size drinks that take 2 shots of espresso?

I've seen the cards for sale on Brilliance and Rhapsody.

We are sailing on Empress in a couple of weeks, is there any place that takes the punch card on that ship?

We're new to Royal Caribbean and aren't quite sure how that card works

If there's an espresso kiosk(like cafe lattetudes) onboard then yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They were for sale on adventure. Same cost as online.

And on adventure in December they insisted it was per shot. Which makes absolutely no sense why anyone would buy it. Get a grande iced latte each time and instead of 15 drinks you're now getting 7.5 drinks on the card. That drink was 3.75 on the ship so buying a $31 card to pay for it is just silly.

If you're on adventure make sure how they are punching the card before buying. Dh had meetings with the beverage manager and he wasn't budging on it charging per shot. (Btw it was 3.50 for a tall hot latte with one shot vs a grande with two. Why they couldn't punch one and let me pay 25 cents plus 18% grat I do not know.)

They were for sale on adventure. Same cost as online.

And on adventure in December they insisted it was per shot. Which makes absolutely no sense why anyone would buy it. Get a grande iced latte each time and instead of 15 drinks you're now getting 7.5 drinks on the card. That drink was 3.75 on the ship so buying a $31 card to pay for it is just silly.

If you're on adventure make sure how they are punching the card before buying. Dh had meetings with the beverage manager and he wasn't budging on it charging per shot. (Btw it was 3.50 for a tall hot latte with one shot vs a grande with two. Why they couldn't punch one and let me pay 25 cents plus 18% grat I do not know.)

Hmmmm. I guess I'll find out onboard next month. If they do want to count two punches for a Grande, then I'll just have to get the tall so I get all 15 drinks. If I need more than a tall, then I'll get 2 talls for 2 punches and get much more than 1 grande.