Abu Dhabi MSC for family get-together?

cairokid

I have a big birthday coming up after Christmas next year and am looking at options for a cruise for 10-12 family members, including one 4 year old child and 3 people who will need persuading to try cruising. We're mostly UK based but several of us have lived in Mediterranean countries so not interested in France, Italy or Greece. I fancied somewhere warm but not too long a flight.

There are very few options available. There is a 12-day with NCL, who I've cruised with before, from Barcelona to the Canaries. I'd love that but it may be too long for some of the others. The only other possibility I've found is a 7 day trip from Abu Dhabi with MSC. MSC have extremely mixed reviews so I am hesitant. I'm concerned whether they will have enough to entertain the little one, and also whether we'll be able to eat together - some reviews said they just put you on a table and not with your party. Any feedback from MSC cruisers please?

A more serious concern is whether we'd enjoy the area. Many of the family have lived and worked in Arab countries in the past so we've seen plenty of mosques and deserts. We're not really city types, definitely not interested in shopping malls and high rise buildings. Are there trips that involve nature and beautiful scenery or is it all man-made stuff to look at? The cruise does involve a visit to Sir Bani Yas but apart from that ... what might we like to do?

Edited by cairokid