meet & mingle on carnival victory?

deputy836

Does the Carnival Victory have a meet and mingle on every cruise? I am cruising solo on the 2-25-06 cruise. this is my first cruise and have heard that this is good way to meet other people.

dee

Normally, the first night there will be a singles mixer in the disco. Attendance is usually not that high. The way cruises are set up, you shouldnt have any problems meeting people. On ever Carnival ship I have sailed solo, that sat me with other solo cruisers. I would suggest going to the roll call section of this board and getting to know some cruisers before you board.

Good Luck

We are going on this cruise also, but you have the date wrong..It sails on sunday 2/26...on all of our past cruises we have set up a meeting place, usually on the first day just after the muster drill...come on over and check us out on the roll call board....Dennis

• 2 months later...

Deputy836,

I've been on 18 cruises. (most of them "solo", and most of them on Carnival. (3 times on the Carnival VICTORY ).

To answer your question, Yes, every carnival ship I've been on has had a "singles party":-)

It's always been held the first night on board, and is "usually" held in the discoteque, and "usually" held about midnight. But you should check your Carnival caper (daily newsletter) to find the exact time & location for your particular sailing.

You should find a Carnival caper for day#1 already in your cabin when you arrive, and your cabin steward will leave the most current copy each day

when he/she makes up your cabin. (if for some reason, they have not left one for you, they are also available at the pursers desk in the atrium lobby area.

The capers will list all the daily scheduled activities, as well as meal times, etc. so I try to carry 1 with me at all times.

The capers will also state the arrival time into the next port of call, give instructions for any designated shore excursions, suggestions of popular things to do if you opt to go off ob your own, suggested stores for shopping, and explicite instructions on what time you MUST be back on board. It will Also make note of any time zone differentials, and reminds you to keep your watch on "ships time", and that you'll be required to show your sail&sign card & photo ID to both disembark & reboard the ship.

As mentioned earlier, there "usually" aren't many pople to show up at the "singles party" on the first night. But I've found that if there's not many people in attendance, I'll find something else rto do for an hour or 2 and then stop back. A couple of times when I've done this, when I came back the place was PACKED!!

Another good place to meet & mingle, meet new people, and make new friends is at the TRIDENT BAR located midship on the promenade deck. I think because it is an open air type lounge, it makes it easy for people to stop by for a beverage, meet/mingle/people watch/etc.

The LOBBY BAR is another popular place for people to gather before & after dinner.

So you can see, there will be many opportunities for you to meet your fellow paasengers.

My best advice . . . Go with an open mind, and remember . . . The key to a "fun" cruise is PARTICIPATION". (participate in as many activities as you possibly can)

Would love to read a review from you when you get back.

BON VOYAGE!!

Chic

Archived