Transportation options from Miami Port ti MIA Airport?

j3000

So...is taxi our best (or only) option to get from our ship to MIA airport to catch our flight after cruise ends? Also, what will the approx. fare be? (2 people) Thanks

Edited by jargey3000

Cab fare between POM & MIA has been set at $27+tip for several months; Uber is another option and should be about $15.

Lots of folks pay more for slower service on the cruise transfer bus - I do not know why.

Have a great cruise! :)

Flat rate of $27.00 per taxi excluding tip between the Port and Miami Airport.

Best is all relative. I feel it is a convenient option and at this port recommend it over a shuttle.

UBER is certainly another option.

I would not go with a traditional car service company between these two points.

You didn't mention what time your flight is but hopefully you have one that is not too early.

Keith

OP: Thanks guys. good info. Flight is at noon (sunday). So...just to be clear, from above, taxi and "shared shuttle" are 2 different option - correct?

It'll be taxi for us. (never tried uber...full disclosure..we dont own a cellphone...:) )

Oh...if I could ask another couple of questions:

How much time should I allow to disembark & get to the airport on a sunday? ie- what time should we plan to disembark in order to get to airport say before 11am?

Also.. can anyone tell me what approx. cab fare might be FROM the airport to our hotel when we arrive (Langford Hotel 121 SE 1st Street)? thanks.

OP: Thanks guys. good info. Flight is at noon (sunday). So...just to be clear, from above, taxi and "shared shuttle" are 2 different option - correct?

It'll be taxi for us. (never tried uber...full disclosure..we dont own a cellphone...:) )

Noon flight good.

A taxi is not a shared shuttle. Too different options.

Given you don't have a cell phone just go with the taxi.

Keith

Oh...if I could ask another couple of questions:

How much time should I allow to disembark & get to the airport on a sunday? ie- what time should we plan to disembark in order to get to airport say before 11am?

Also.. can anyone tell me what approx. cab fare might be FROM the airport to our hotel when we arrive (Langford Hotel 121 SE 1st Street)? thanks.

I would allow 30 minutes from the time you get into the taxi to arrive to the airport. Might be quicker on a Sunday but just assume 30 minutes.

I would plan to get into the taxi at around 9:30 AM to give you two hours at the airport. Nice to have some extra time there.

Someone else might know the price from airport to hotel. It won't be a flat rate though. You could call the hotel to ask them.

Keith

I've never stayed at that hotel, but the metered cab fare from MIA to most downtown Miami hotels should be about $25-27+tip. Another $10-12+ cab ride will get you to your ship the next morning. The only flat rate fare I am familiar with is between MIA and POM.

Edited by JohninDC